Anyone else noticed something different on this board? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else noticed something different on this board?

Danny

Finheaven VIP
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I've seen no threads about the draft. Normally this time of year we're talking about free agency and the draft. We get the "**** the draft I still want us to win" and we also get the "now we'll win a couple of games that mean nothing to mess up our draft position" threads.....lol I have to admit that I look ahead from time to time as to what we might do in free agency and the draft but this years has been different. We're all talking about possibly making the playoffs. Regardless of what some people might say, most of us are looking at the standings and the scores of every game. We got no favors from anyone yesterday. Every team I wanted to lose, won their game but still, talking about playoffs while the jets are bury it's a great feeling. Here's hoping our team keeps on giving us the chance to continue to talk playoffs instead of free agency and the draft.

Ozzy rules!!

The detractors are silent and the fence sitters are finally coming around. Winning does that.
I was critical of Ross during the first 5 games, but not the players or team. I still don't think much of him, but I cannot argue with the results.
Gase looks like a great coach from all angles. He isn't perfect, but he has a lot of upside.
Ross deserves some credit now. He has done a good job selecting the coach.

The detractors are silent and the fence sitters are finally coming around. Winning does that.
I was critical of Ross during the first 5 games, but not the players or team. I still don't think much of him, but I cannot argue with the results.
Gase looks like a great coach from all angles. He isn't perfect, but he has a lot of upside.
Ross deserves some credit now. He has done a good job selecting the coach.

I'm gonna throw Ross a bone. Picking a HC is more luck than skill - just ask the teams that have hired a new HC in the past decade. It's not as though all other teams have hired the next Shula on their first try, but Ross is inept. In this case he got it right.

Winnin cures all. Responsibility is on management, ownership, coaches and players. They deserved the bashing and now deserve the kudos...we're operating like a fl franchise should and although there will be ups and downs at the moment we are growing and that's good.

It's been awesome these last 6 weeks. We haven't had the success of the team shown on the board like this since 2005. This place would've been lit on fire if the Dolphins didn't come back vs. the Rams though.

:lol:

first time we lose a game the trolls will be out in force

I'm gonna throw Ross a bone. Picking a HC is more luck than skill - just ask the teams that have hired a new HC in the past decade. It's not as though all other teams have hired the next Shula on their first try, but Ross is inept. In this case he got it right.

Actually my interpretation:

inept in bungling the Harbaugh/Meatball fiasco; inept in retaining Ireland as long as he did; inept in extending Philbin on the basis of a game 15 emotional win instead of firing him; inept in dumpster diving for TBum and actually giving him a promotion; inept in permitting him to promote a rubber-stamping yes man; inept in allowing TBum to consolidate his power by getting rid of Dawn.

However, he was very "ept" in self-funding a terrific, loud, uncomfortable for opponents, more fan-friendly, impressive renovated stadium and all the more "ept" in telling TBum that the team was going to recruit and if possible hire Gase (based on the input of his trusted "secret scout" rather than relying on his new Front Office).

It's been awesome these last 6 weeks. We haven't had the success of the team shown on the board like this since 2005. This place would've been lit on fire if the Dolphins didn't come back vs. the Rams though.

:lol:

And by fire, I'm certain you mean dumpster fire.

I think people are starting to realize that this isn't smoke-and-mirrors. This isn't catching teams off guard with a new offensive alignment (i.e. wildcat). We're not winning with gimmicks...we're winning in the way you're supposed to win...as a TEAM. Just look at the games we've had and how we've won:

- Pitt: Dominant running game, winning throughout. Go into 4th quarter with a lead. WIN WITH RUNNING GAME.
- Buffalo: Strong running game, but still down by 3 going into the 4th quarter. Our offense gets hot and we hang on to win. FULL TEAM WIN.
- Jets: Running game still decent. Looking good going into the 4th and manage to hold off comeback by Jets. WIN WITH SPECIAL TEAMS (kickoff return for TD)!
- Chargers: Running game stuffed. Trailing headed into the 4th quarter. Need passing to pull this one out. WIN WITH DEFENSE (interception for TD)!
- Rams: No running game. Injuries on O-Line. Scoreless headed into the 4th quarter, down by 2 scores. Offense pulls it out in the 4th. WIN WITH CLUTCH OFFENSE AND PASSING!
- 49ers: No running game. Injuries upon injuries. Offense does just enough. Defense holds off a comeback. FULL TEAM WIN.

This is NOT a one-dimensional team!

Hell I start thinking mock drafts in October. It's just habit. I'm curious to see how high Miami looks at adding a corner, seeing that they really like Howard, Lippett and Pitts as young corners to groom. Do you want a 4th young guy or a few experienced vets?

we need to improve our 3rd down production,i think we are dead last in the league!

There's a difference for everyone who likes the team or follows it closely.

[tweet]801455973483352064[/tweet]

In the past, this would have been about the Dolphins.

we need to improve our 3rd down production,i think we are dead last in the league!

Tight end and danny woodhead type 3rd down back would greatly help. I'm hoping Drake plays that back role next season.

I spent my morning coffee time in my office looking at the upcoming schedules for KC, Den, NE, Oak, Pitt, Balt instead of looking at potential draft positions. I am enjoying this ride big league!

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

I think people are starting to realize that this isn't smoke-and-mirrors. This isn't catching teams off guard with a new offensive alignment (i.e. wildcat). We're not winning with gimmicks...we're winning in the way you're supposed to win...as a TEAM. Just look at the games we've had and how we've won:

- Pitt: Dominant running game, winning throughout. Go into 4th quarter with a lead. WIN WITH RUNNING GAME.
- Buffalo: Strong running game, but still down by 3 going into the 4th quarter. Our offense gets hot and we hang on to win. FULL TEAM WIN.
- Jets: Running game still decent. Looking good going into the 4th and manage to hold off comeback by Jets. WIN WITH SPECIAL TEAMS (kickoff return for TD)!
- Chargers: Running game stuffed. Trailing headed into the 4th quarter. Need passing to pull this one out. WIN WITH DEFENSE (interception for TD)!
- Rams: No running game. Injuries on O-Line. Scoreless headed into the 4th quarter, down by 2 scores. Offense pulls it out in the 4th. WIN WITH CLUTCH OFFENSE AND PASSING!
- 49ers: No running game. Injuries upon injuries. Offense does just enough. Defense holds off a comeback. FULL TEAM WIN.

This is NOT a one-dimensional team!

This team is finding ways to win, Joe Philbin's teams found ways to lose. Good teams find ways to win games late in this league, so many games are so close..

Back
Top Bottom