Anyone else see a pattern of our UDFA? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else see a pattern of our UDFA?

PhinsTD

Phins fanatic
Reaction score
It appears that Saban is not going to go out and sign a million guys to see if he can throw them against the wall and see what sticks.

It seems to me that just about every player we have signed sans Berlin have a legit chance of making the team in some capacity.

I like this approach as we aren't taking reps away from the players who actually have the ability to make the team.

Lewis, Harris, Sesay, Turner, Meeus all have a chance to play somewhere o specials and depth purposes with this team next year and cheap.

Other teams are bringing in 30-something players that have no chance at all of making their team.

Another reason I think Saban has a smart plan.

Just remember guys these guys were not drafted for a reason! There might be a gem but that is a stretch!

I do like Kay Jay though.

I like Berlin.

I think Harris has a shot at making the team.. and I like the Alex Holmes signing.

FinsFanatic said:
The pattern is BIG guys

That's the main thing i've noticed. 6'2 safeties and corners and athletic 6'7 DE's who could convert to LB's. Our defense is going to be set up to PUNISH offenses.

Meeuwsen is going to be a monster. I always liked him at Oregon State...whenever I saw them play he always seemed to be right in the middle of the action. Would be nice if we brought in Jim Leonhard from Wisconsin, too.

i hope the CB Mitchell from Mizzou recovers from his ACL mishap. he could be like adewale was, a guy who went undrafted and then shined once he rehabbed

MelbournePhin said:
i hope the CB Mitchell from Mizzou recovers from his ACL mishap. he could be like adewale was, a guy who went undrafted and then shined once he rehabbed

does anybody know if it was a complete tear? because if it wasn't, 6 months from now is October. The Phins could put him on the PUP list, which would cause him to miss the first 6 games, but he may be able to contribute for the last 10 games if it wasn't a complete tear

its about the same amount of udfas as last year

Back
Top Bottom