Anyone else think Hartline is getting back in to form like last year? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else think Hartline is getting back in to form like last year?

sensation24

Miami Dolphins # 1
Reaction score
I know he has been taking a lot of **** for the preseason he had and a forgettable first game, but since then I believe he has once again come into his own like last year when he showed this kind of promise. The catch he made against the Packers when he was basically on the ground was a fantastic catch. Dunno about you guys but I really like our starting 3 WRs. Bess is becoming one of the best slot guys in the game and Hartline is becoming a nice compliment to Marshall. Good size, speed and hands. Hopefully he keeps it up and has a good game against pittsburgh. Am watching a replay of the Packers game and just saw another good grab he made over Charles Woodson on a nice fade pattern. Go Phins on Sunday baby!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't think Hartline is a good #2 wide receiver so far this season

Now if he could produce like he did in the Jet game I MIGHT HAVE TO RECONSIDER

This game was one of Hartline's best games IMO. I think people really overrate his rookie season, I mean he showed promise, but overstated promise because there was a gauntlet on Ginn's back, Camarillo was too slow and Bess was JUST a slot WR. People see 6'2 220 with 4.5 speed, they get excited. To me, he had the dropsies a bit last year and I thought there was too much being put on the guy. He looked bad the first few games this year.

I believe it was the New England game where he started to wake up a bit . . . but I was impressed against Green Bay. Showed some speed, excellent hands and the kid can run a route. I still think he would be better suited as the #4 WR on this team . . . but I would love for him to solidify himself as a quality #2.

He's got to have two good games in a row. Hasn't done it yet.

He definitely needs to prove himself. He needs to continue to get better, but he is better than last. It is not uncommon fo young receivers to struggle early in the season. It took him 6 games last year to start to play well. It has taken him 4 games this year. I believe he will be playing very well by the second half of the season.

I'm not as impressed as some of you guys. His combine speed doesn't seem to show up on the field. His hands are suspect at times. He does seem to run good routes and play tough, though. Don't know much about his blocking skills (LOVE the downfield blocking by Marshall, BTW). We know Marshall is a beast as a #1, but he is no burner. Neither is Bess in the slot. We need a burner as our #2. He will be our #4 at best next year, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom