anyone else think its time to cut dion loose? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

anyone else think its time to cut dion loose?

MarshallFin1

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Im thinking its time, dions been getting to the qb fairly well, with a little more experience I think him and wake will wreck havoc. We are going up against matt ryan and that atl high powered passing game. If we don't get pressure this week we will be in trouble fast. U got roddy white, Julio jones, gonzalez, our secondary will need some help this week. Browns and colts cant do what atl can do, we need dion to come up big this week and wrap up.

Gotta pick our spots with Dion. I think he'll be used situationally, and you're right, he seems to get to the QB at will. Supposedly Falcons' tackles are vulnerable so if that's the case, why not? I do like him and Shelby coming in when the offensive line is tired and forcing the issue tho

I gotta think that he is not fully healed yet. Why else would they not be getting him in the game more? Everytime he comes in he is affecting the plays. When he rushes the passer, he is either in on a sack pressuring something like 65% of the time. I think it is time to utilize him more. I would really like to see how he could do dropping back and covering Gonzalez.

I gotta think that he is not fully healed yet. Why else would they not be getting him in the game more? Everytime he comes in he is affecting the plays. When he rushes the passer, he is either in on a sack pressuring something like 65% of the time. I think it is time to utilize him more. I would really like to see how he could do dropping back and covering Gonzalez.

that's probably what it is, but part of me thinks philbin juss being cautious and waiting for the right game to unleash him. ATL is a superbowl contender, we will need our big weapons this week to win this.

He doesn't look strong, actually he looks week.... When he is on the field he never takes on the blocker, he dances then runs around him, this is fine if its a pass, I say wait, they are using him just like they used Wake when we first signed him....let him learn the game, get stronger and then unleash the finished product on the league.....we are good enough to be patient with him.....

I dont know if its quite time yet. I think its time to get him a good bit more reps, but I dont know that it is necessarily time to send him out there for 40+ snaps.

I'm fine with him going in during passing situations. Our D seems to be working well right now. Let him get a full year under his belt before asking him to both stop the run and rush the passer.

he can still only play 3rd down - as he will all season - cant play the run especially with a bad shoulder

Not only a bad shoulder but he's out weight by every OT by about 100lbs. I doubt he can hold up against the run right now on a consisten basis.

Ozzy rules!!

Dion is much better suited to play on 3rd downs for now. He does pretty good against tired OTs

Cut him loose or let him loose? :ponder: Cuz there's a big difference between the two.

I would certainly hope we don't cut a draft pick after 2 weeks.

If Dion can neutralize Gonzalez and other premier TEs that would be fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom