Anyone else think Randy needs to shut up? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else think Randy needs to shut up?

volk

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
After last week, Randy McMichael was so angry and outspoken about not being involved enough in the passing game and being over-used as a blocker. This week, it appears that the coaches made some adjustments to honor his request for more receptions, but his effort left me a little irritated with his mouth. Don't get me wrong, he played well, and made an incredible catch over the middle despite a ferocious hit...it is how he performed on the last drive that really irritated me. A short pass for a first down placed right into his hands (in stride even) and he just dropped it. Every receiver is going to drop a ball now and then, but winners make sure they shine in crunch time. They step up when the game is on the line, and this is where McMichael failed yesterday.

He is a good player, I just wish he would hone his skills a bit more before he decides to run his mouth off like he did last week.

FiN.in.RI said:
after he dropped a crucial 3rd down ball at the end of the game I was pissed!
I think that was AJ fault. He should have put it on a silver platter for him.

AJ sucks.

If he is going to run his mouth and complain, at least catch a critical pass on the last drive.

Yeah he needs to pipe down. Drew Rosenhaus will do plenty of talkin for him this offseason. OGUN part II. "Electric Boogaloo". I think we can all look forward to that.

He did drop a crucial late pass yesterday. He should no longer complain about how he is used so long as it is in the best interest of winning.

The one he held on to over the middle despite getting absolutely decleated by Kennedy, who is a major force at Safety showed me that he is a man. Drops happen, the timing sucked. We should have won the ballgame. Randy is one strong guy who's very tough to bring down in the open field. He usually makes the catch.

volk said:
After last week, Randy McMichael was so angry and outspoken about not being involved enough in the passing game and being over-used as a blocker. This week, it appears that the coaches made some adjustments to honor his request for more receptions, but his effort left me a little irritated with his mouth. Don't get me wrong, he played well, and made an incredible catch over the middle despite a ferocious hit...it is how he performed on the last drive that really irritated me. A short pass for a first down placed right into his hands (in stride even) and he just dropped it. Every receiver is going to drop a ball now and then, but winners make sure they shine in crunch time. They step up when the game is on the line, and this is where McMichael failed yesterday.

He is a good player, I just wish he would hone his skills a bit more before he decides to run his mouth off like he did last week.
no player deserves to come first over coaches overview/plan for team game, no matter how much he b*tches. if thats the case, then give the Keyshawn Award to chambers this week.

Why does everyone keep saying that McMichael will get a contract this offseason? He's signed through 2005.

The great receivers want the ball, will catch the ball in the pits of hell if that's what it takes. This guy just doesn't have that fire; he doesn't give the extra effort. He loses concentration at the most g*ddam absurd moments - when the team needs him most.

Oh yeah, he'll make the acrobatic catch for ESPN; but the clutch catch when you need it to win? You can't count on it.

And here's something I posted earlier in Muck's thread on Chambers; it applies equally to Mcmichael:

Chambers is simply a basketball player who plays football professionally.

He has that selfish demeanor in his play, just like the brats in the NBA; he refuses to put in the time and effort to learn to run good routes; he refuses to come back for the ball when it's thrown upfield of him; he refuses to come back to help his QB when the QB is in trouble; he drops passes in routes that he doesn't care to run.

He's not a team player.

And no excuses - he's now in his third year, so his "learning curve" is over.

Same goes for McMichael: he and Chambers both just need to STFU and do what the team needs them to do. And by the way, they need to do their f*****g jobs and catch balls.

McMicheal is a vocal leader and has been there for us this season, he can say whatever he pleases.

Randy and his overrated self(Pro Bowl? Hilarious) needs to stfu and catch the damn ball.

Predaphin said:
McMicheal is a vocal leader and has been there for us this season, he can say whatever he pleases.
So then why can't Terrell Owens? Sorry, but that has to be the most RIDICULOUS thing I've read on here in a while. McMichael cried like a crack baby for the ball and dropped 2 easy first downs. Congrats, Randy. You got what you cried for and you couldn't hold onto it....

as long as he is not publicly trashing any teammates...I don't mind him speaking out.
just as long as he keeps backing it up and is careful about what is productive and could be detremental to the team.

Back
Top Bottom