Anyone else think Reggie Bush should have the ball in his hands 15-25 times a game? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else think Reggie Bush should have the ball in his hands 15-25 times a game?

No, we can't afford that. The posters who knock Reggie would be revealed as moderately incompetent. Right now they're merely biased and misguided and fun to laugh at.

I've unskewed some of Reggie's touchdown runs to lower his average to 2.6

Actually, I want to see Lamar Miller get about 5-10 touches a game more so than see Bush get 25/game.

Would really like to see them let the guy run some.

I just dont feel like we use him right. He is still a dynamic playmaker and needs the ball in his hands as much as possible. If I were an offensive coordinator and I had the luxury of having a weapon like that I would be finding so many ways to feed em the rock. Screens, runs, put him in the slot, reverses. IDK why he is not utilized in the passing game more. I would have him in the slot in shotgun all day. The guy makes plays some of his runs this year have been filthy. I hope we get him the ball all day sunday. Give him the ball in space.

He is pretty average when he isn't hungry - so I would let him run 8-12 times and throw him the ball 6-8 times he will see better production as long as Thomas can provide the hard labour between the tackles

I would like Bush to get 5 receptions a game, with maybe a screen pass or two. 10-15 rushes is plenty for him though.

i would like to see more Reggie Bush lined up in the slot. Our passing game is anemic, and Bush is a perennial pass catching RB who can create serious mismatches against LBs. Put Bush in the slot, and Daniel Thomas or Lamar Miller in the backfield. The Pats D is not that good and will be worse with Chandler out, utilize the no-huddle early and often and wear the Pats D down in the Miami heat.

We need to involve Bush in the passing game as well. Get him matched up against a linebacker.

NO!!!!!
Especially in a game like this. The key to this game is moving the chains and keeping Brady off the field. We can't afford ANY negative runs in this game. The long runs he MIGHT produce also will be counterproductive. No in this game we need someone we can count on and Bush is NOT that guy.

Personally I can't wait til next year when Bush will be on another team. I think his touches need to be cut further until he is not on the field at all. Maybe then he will decide this isn't USC and he needs to hit the hole rather doing his version of the Electric Slide before deciding which hole he is going to take.

Playing to not have any negative runs is just asinine. That's like saying "Our quarterback should only make three-step drops and throw quick routes because we cannot afford to be sacked!"

This is football. There's going to be negative plays and there's going to be positive plays. Spoiler alert: usually, the team that has more positive plays wins.

Bush is the most explosive running back we have and when he gets blocking he plays well. He is averaging 4.4 yards per carry and 7.9 yards per catch. I'll take that average any day. I'll also take Reggie over Daniel Thomas and Lamar Miller at this point in the season.

I'd take Reggie on the field over Reggie on the bench on Sundays.

Thats tough to do when the OL doesnt open any holes. Can you honestly say this OL opens running lanes for either of these RB's? I cant. Last week was the first time in about 5 weeks that the OL was worth a damn, and what happened, Reggie rushed for 6.2 and Thomas rushed for 6.7 and both had TD's. I am not saying Reggie doesnt dance more than he should because he does, but it is the OL's job to create lanes and Reggie is getting most of the blame for their inablility to do that.

NO!!!!!
Especially in a game like this. The key to this game is moving the chains and keeping Brady off the field. We can't afford ANY negative runs in this game. The long runs he MIGHT produce also will be counterproductive. No in this game we need someone we can count on and Bush is NOT that guy.

Personally I can't wait til next year when Bush will be on another team. I think his touches need to be cut further until he is not on the field at all. Maybe then he will decide this isn't USC and he needs to hit the hole rather doing his version of the Electric Slide before deciding which hole he is going to take.

Sorry, but I'm with KTown on this - you cannot build a successful offense around someone who dances around at the line of scrimmage like Reggie does. Someone mentioned that it's like Barry Sanders, and it is. Barry led the league consistently in negative yardage runs, and he put his team in a hole every time he did it - and it's the same with Reggie. At the end of games, Barry would have 20 carries for 120 yards, with two of them for 100 yards and the other 18 for 20 yards. And the Lions defense would be on the field for 40 minutes because their offense would either be 3 and out, or big play Barry would score in 30 seconds.

While Reggie doesn't dance quite as bad as Barry did, he's also not as explosive either. The fact is when we give the ball to Reggie on first down, there's probably a better than 50% chance we'll be looking at 2nd and 10. That's not a formula for a success.

I'm all for getting him into space and giving him touches that way, but until he can pound out at least 3-4 yards consistently between the tackles with no negative yards, we shouldn't be giving him more carries.

And don't get me wrong - I loved watching Barry Sanders - he was a human highlight reel, and we'll probably never get to see talent like that again on the field. But there was a reasion his teams were never very successful.

Sorry, but I'm with KTown on this - you cannot build a successful offense around someone who dances around at the line of scrimmage like Reggie does. Someone mentioned that it's like Barry Sanders, and it is. Barry led the league consistently in negative yardage runs, and he put his team in a hole every time he did it - and it's the same with Reggie. At the end of games, Barry would have 20 carries for 120 yards, with two of them for 100 yards and the other 18 for 20 yards. And the Lions defense would be on the field for 40 minutes because their offense would either be 3 and out, or big play Barry would score in 30 seconds.

While Reggie doesn't dance quite as bad as Barry did, he's also not as explosive either. The fact is when we give the ball to Reggie on first down, there's probably a better than 50% chance we'll be looking at 2nd and 10. That's not a formula for a success.

I'm all for getting him into space and giving him touches that way, but until he can pound out at least 3-4 yards consistently between the tackles with no negative yards, we shouldn't be giving him more carries.

IMO the reason for this is because the defense knows without a certainty of a doubt that we will run on first down, because we all know we will.

IMO the reason for this is because the defense knows without a certainty of a doubt that we will run on first down, because we all know we will.
I'm saying you pound out 3 yards even when the other team knows. It doesn't even necessarily take size or good blocking (though that helps) - just a willingness to slam into whatever small crease is there and fall down for a three yard gain. Because 2nd and 7 gives you a lot more options than 2nd and 10.

Back
Top Bottom