Anyone else think that ABC was terrible for this superbowl? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else think that ABC was terrible for this superbowl?

volk

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
I have never seen a more poorly run Superbowl than this one.

The pre-game was pathetic. Aaron Neville on the National Anthem??? Aretha Franklin joining in with so much mic distortion whe was painful, and Neville's mic was barely audible. Joss Stone??? Stevie Wonder has lost alot in his age, but at the close of his performance (which, again, bordered on being noise due to bad sound engineering) in the only truly audible aspect of his act, he announces to the crowd that it is "time to love...it's not about religion...we need to save our people from annihilation..." Did I miss something??? What kind of political statement was he trying to make, anyway?

The game coverage itself was no great shakes, either. I am one of the few who actually enjoy Madden and Michael's typical game announcing, but this was sub par. The stat man seemed to have missed his flight. Down and distance seemed to come AFTER the third down play had ended. Relevant game information just didn't really appear in this contest.

Half time was a debacle with the Stones. Sloppy is the only way to describe their performance, and horrid again was the sound engineering. I had to change the channel to watch something else until they were finished...and I like the Stones.

The post game was perhaps the largest example of corporate ignorance I have seen. Was anyone down on the field a fan of football? Were they familiar with the human interest aspects of the game? The relevant post game was about 2 minutes long. Cowher and Roony spoke. Heinz Ward is given the MVP with little interview whatsoever. Bettis is foisted onto the stage as almost an afterthought, and the first question he is asked is "are you retiring?". I never even saw Rothlisberger witht he trophy...nevermind the fact that he is the youngest QB to ever win a Superbowl. Seriously, this was a debacle of epic football proportion.

I hope ABC never lands another Superbowl again.

As bad as the coverage was the game, I think the refs were told who SHOULD win, a pathetic game. The NFL should have egg on their face this morning after that piece of junk.

I agree. Add in the pathic refs (holding call on Seattle) and I say this was the worst Superbowl I've ever seen

I agree I also thought they did a poor job. I do think the only good point was Madden and Michael.

I think the Officials did a poor job also.

As pathetic as ABC and the NFL refs was the NFL Network, with amazing commentary by Lincoln Kennedy whose real only opinion on Big Ben's running touchdown was ( summing up the quote ) "it was really too close to call, but you still had to give it to Ben"... YOU DO? since when? Instant replay was brought in after the same crap happened to Seattle years ago against the Jets when Testeverde was a mile short of a TD and they still call it a TD, the league has a lot to answer for, let's hope that when the Dolphins play in the SuperBowl that we get better refs than Mr. Magoo and his crew.

For once Madden and McMichael weren't the worst things on a telecast they were on, there were so many different things wrong yesterday that the Pro Bowl next week will be more entertaining!

to go off on a tangent. The FCC and the NFL have so much fear of anything even remote of a "janet jackson" incident happening. That even in the commericals there are no pretty females!!!!!!

You had Jessica Simpson for 5 seconds and that god awful GODADDY.com add. Aside from that, from the pregame, game, commericals, and post-game....there was no "sex" appeal at all!!!!!!!!

The FCC, Relgious Right, and every other nut in this country has put the fear of god into the NFL and the networks that we can't even air "normal" commericals anymore!!!! It's a friggin joke

Hammered36 said:
As pathetic as ABC and the NFL refs was the NFL Network, with amazing commentary by Lincoln Kennedy whose real only opinion on Big Ben's running touchdown was ( summing up the quote ) "it was really too close to call, but you still had to give it to Ben"... YOU DO? since when? Instant replay was brought in after the same crap happened to Seattle years ago against the Jets when Testeverde was a mile short of a TD and they still call it a TD, the league has a lot to answer for, let's hope that when the Dolphins play in the SuperBowl that we get better refs than Mr. Magoo and his crew.

And how credible is the NFL NETWORK when you have one of your reporters wearing Steelers Championship Gear after the game interviewing Steelers and partying it up with them!?!?!?!?!?

Hammered36 said:
As bad as the coverage was the game, I think the refs were told who SHOULD win, a pathetic game. The NFL should have egg on their face this morning after that piece of junk.

BAH!

Stevens need to learn how to catch when the ball hits him in the hands. PERIOD!

Hammered36 said:
Instant replay was brought in after the same crap happened to Seattle years ago against the Jets when Testeverde was a mile short of a TD and they still call it a TD, the league has a lot to answer for.

:lol: I forgot about the Seahawks coincidence good pick up.

Hammered36 said:
let's hope that when the Dolphins play in the SuperBowl that we get better refs than Mr. Magoo and his crew.

here here.

Dredd1050 said:
BAH!

Stevens need to learn how to catch when the ball hits him in the hands. PERIOD!

Giving free points to the Steelers was the real joke, I suppose you think that Big Ben's passer rating of 22.6 was amazing?
( 22.6
-- Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger's passer rating. The lowest number recorded by the winning quarterback in the history of the Super Bowl.)

Bah indeed...

volk said:
I have never seen a more poorly run Superbowl than this one.

The pre-game was pathetic. Aaron Neville on the National Anthem??? Aretha Franklin joining in with so much mic distortion whe was painful, and Neville's mic was barely audible. Joss Stone??? Stevie Wonder has lost alot in his age, but at the close of his performance (which, again, bordered on being noise due to bad sound engineering) in the only truly audible aspect of his act, he announces to the crowd that it is "time to love...it's not about religion...we need to save our people from annihilation..." Did I miss something??? What kind of political statement was he trying to make, anyway?

The game coverage itself was no great shakes, either. I am one of the few who actually enjoy Madden and Michael's typical game announcing, but this was sub par. The stat man seemed to have missed his flight. Down and distance seemed to come AFTER the third down play had ended. Relevant game information just didn't really appear in this contest.

Half time was a debacle with the Stones. Sloppy is the only way to describe their performance, and horrid again was the sound engineering. I had to change the channel to watch something else until they were finished...and I like the Stones.

The post game was perhaps the largest example of corporate ignorance I have seen. Was anyone down on the field a fan of football? Were they familiar with the human interest aspects of the game? The relevant post game was about 2 minutes long. Cowher and Roony spoke. Heinz Ward is given the MVP with little interview whatsoever. Bettis is foisted onto the stage as almost an afterthought, and the first question he is asked is "are you retiring?". I never even saw Rothlisberger witht he trophy...nevermind the fact that he is the youngest QB to ever win a Superbowl. Seriously, this was a debacle of epic football proportion.

I hope ABC never lands another Superbowl again.

Don't get ABC mixed up with the NFL...It was the league that chose who the entertainers would be and retained them. The post-game show length had to be adjusted due to the length of the game. Michaels and Madden did their normal good job, I thought. There were some miscues in the stats and calls, but nothing to get too upset about. I was ok with the list of entertainers but agree that their performances, in general, were lacking. The league is still smarting from the Jackson wardrobe malfunction so you had to figure this one would be a little too 'controlled' by the NFL and not the network.

Funny, Jagger was off a bit I thought having seen them a couple of times, so perhaps it was because most entertainers don't use the backup recording of the music like they have in the past since we've had several entertainers get zapped by fans because of getting caught in the last few years ??

Hammered36 said:

So I'm not the only one who thought 3 calls against the Hawks were fishy? That all the stories surrounding this SB was about Betis returning home? Nothing about Seattle? Hmmm.

-Ben did not cross the goal line and that was no a TD!
-Phantom holding call voids a 30+ yard gain to the 3 yard line
-After Pitt INT Hasselbeck called personal foul for making a block giving Pitt that ball at midfeild.

I still can't understand how you can't ADJUST SOUND LEVELS ON ALL MICS AND INSTRUMENTS CORRECTLY? Couldn't hear the Stones who sounded as if they are only a years shy of the grave. Only one group? THe Stones? In Motown? Huh?

Back
Top Bottom