Anyone else think that ABC was terrible for this superbowl? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else think that ABC was terrible for this superbowl?

Hammered36 said:
As pathetic as ABC and the NFL refs was the NFL Network, with amazing commentary by Lincoln Kennedy whose real only opinion on Big Ben's running touchdown was ( summing up the quote ) "it was really too close to call, but you still had to give it to Ben"... YOU DO? since when? Instant replay was brought in after the same crap happened to Seattle years ago against the Jets when Testeverde was a mile short of a TD and they still call it a TD, the league has a lot to answer for, let's hope that when the Dolphins play in the SuperBowl that we get better refs than Mr. Magoo and his crew.

The problem is that instant replay can reverse the call on the field, but it has to be 'indisputable visual evidence'. I've looked at that play probably 25 to 30times, (hooray for tivo), and I can't tell. Another post I read somewhere here someone posted the frame by frame still shots. You still couldn't tell for sure. If he had been called down, it would not have been reversed either. The interference call on Seattle was a little ticky-tacky. We've certainly seen worse not get called but the idiot did it right in front of the back judge and the defender did a little acting job, so it was inevitable.

Instant replay is a great innovation and for those of us who have watched football for a long time, you can clearly tell the calls are much more 'right' than in the past. The refs, in general, have fallen into the trap of relying on instant replay more, IMO than in getting the call right the first time. However, human error has been part of the game since it's inception. The officiating during these playoffs have been particularly worse than in the past few years. It'll be interesting to see how it develops. They can't take IR away now, because the TV coverage is so much better than it was even 5 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom