Anyone heard about Sammy Knight? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone heard about Sammy Knight?

phins1984

Practice Squad
Reaction score
There were rumors that the phins might let go Sammy Knight also. I can't see them doing this if they have already let go Brock Marion. Anybody heard anything new?

I heard that either Knight or Marion were going to be let go, so i guess Knight isnt

Well, i hope this isnt true, but with the way theyve ran our offseason, i wouldnt doubt its true either.

I havent heard a thing about Knight being released

What i heard was Arturo Freeman was told by the front office that either Marion or Knight would have been released so it would give Arturo a chance at starting should he have a good offseason and training camp. Brock is now gone, for now, so i would think my boy Sammy Knight stays. I hope he does

I think Knight stays and Freeman starts opposite of him. Unless, of course, Miami is hellbent on having speedsters at both safety positions. Then we could see Knight gone as well.

While he is currently projected as a starter, Knight's position could be tenuous if the Dolphins find a more attractive replacement in free agency or the draft. Knight, who was third on the team in tackles last season with 111, is projected to earn $1.55 million between base salary and a roster bonus.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...feb28,0,599453.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

also, read the Phins might be interested in Adrian Wilson from the Card if he is tendered at min tender which w/b a 3rd rd pick

At first, it looked like it would be Marion or Knight gone, but not both. But the way Spielman is chopping old-timers, who knows? Safety usually ends up being a pretty deep position in free agency because it's a place where a lot of teams feel they can make a cut.

Back
Top Bottom