Anyone know the status of Eddie Moore's recovery? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone know the status of Eddie Moore's recovery?

Maggot Brain

Trade Bait
Reaction score
In an attempt to divert attention from the painfully obvious issues that have been ravaging this board lately, has anyone heard how he's progressing? I believe the type of fracture he had in his foot has the potential to be career threatening (see Eric Rhett) or at least require lengthy and extensive rehab (see Garrison Hearst and Duce Staley).

Good question, It would have been intresting seeing him play this season since tommy Hendricks still needs to prove him self that he can back people up like zach thomas and junior seau.

Originally posted by bobdroopy
Good question, It would have been intresting seeing him play this season since tommy Hendricks still needs to prove him self that he can back people up like zach thomas and junior seau.

Tommy Hendricks focuses on special teams and not the defense team when in practice. So to say he needs to prove himself behind Zach and Junior is not an issue. The only reason why Tommy was frequently in the defense against the Titans was because Zach and Patrick were out, and he rotated with Greenwood. After all, would you rather have an unknown rookie with Corey Jenkins rotating with Greenwood, or B. Ayanbedejo another unknown, or Tommy who at least as 4 years experience on this team. Take your pick when Zach is out.

Originally posted by Maggot Brain
In an attempt to divert attention from the painfully obvious issues that have been ravaging this board lately, has anyone heard how he's progressing? I believe the type of fracture he had in his foot has the potential to be career threatening (see Eric Rhett) or at least require lengthy and extensive rehab (see Garrison Hearst and Duce Staley).

...The status of Eddie Moore is certain. It has been determined that Moore is an injury-prone player as the likes of OJ McDuffie and Oronde Gadsden. It is strongly believed that if Moore plays another down in a game, he will fall to the ground and start twitching from unknown causes.

This hasn't been discussed on the board at all but Hendricks had 14 tackles. He seemed to be in on almost every tackle. Makes me feel a lot better about out LB depth, with Zach being hurt ever year he seems to be an answer as backup MLB.

Hendricks was sorry in coverage. ZERO passes defensed. 1 TD given up. Fisher knows how to pick on the weak link. Wanny and Norv are clueless sometimes. As for Moore, I think he's out for the season.

Originally posted by PhiNomina
This hasn't been discussed on the board at all but Hendricks had 14 tackles. He seemed to be in on almost every tackle. Makes me feel a lot better about out LB depth, with Zach being hurt ever year he seems to be an answer as backup MLB.

Maybe he can tackle but he can't cover.

And George isn't the most elusive back so if he has the ball you run after him. That's why he got a lot of tackles.

But as for covering, I think we got torched by them...

Originally posted by FinsGoToGuy

Maybe he can tackle but he can't cover.

And George isn't the most elusive back so if he has the ball you run after him. That's why he got a lot of tackles.

But as for covering, I think we got torched by them...

Again... Hello? Tommy is exactly what he is... a backup LB who specializes in special teams and not defense. If we had a backup that was a good as Zach or Junior do you think he would be playing backup on our team? No, he would be starting on another team. We had 2 defensive starters out, take your pick from our backups, either one won't be as good as Zach. Tommy is an excellent pro-bowler special teams player, he can't be blamed when he doesn't even practice with the 1st team defense.

Right but Phinomina said he feels better about our LB depth. I don't.

Hendricks can't be an everyday player but like you said he's a good special team player.

I'm fine with him backing Thomas when he ISN'T playing because we're doom against the pass in the middle of the field.

Originally posted by Dolfan02
After all, would you rather have an unknown rookie with Corey Jenkins rotating with Greenwood, or B. Ayanbedejo another unknown, or Tommy who at least as 4 years experience on this team. Take your pick when Zach is out.

I dont want Zach to miss another game... ever!!

why would we want ty calico when ed moore has been so great this year...

Hendricks screwed up in coverage when he played in Seau's spot at Jacksonville a few times.

They didnt look like they were really errors in coverage, I dont think, either. They seemed like physical problems( example: Falling down when you're susposed to be defending someone?).

I wanted to see Hendricks get a start at the beginning of this season, but hey. Morlon Greenwood has been playing pretty good. Why replace him?

Again... Hello? Tommy is exactly what he is... a backup LB who specializes in special teams and not defense. If we had a backup that was a good as Zach or Junior do you think he would be playing backup on our team? No, he would be starting on another team. We had 2 defensive starters out, take your pick from our backups, either one won't be as good as Zach. Tommy is an excellent pro-bowler special teams player, he can't be blamed when he doesn't even practice with the 1st team defense.

I understand your statement DF02, and I think its a good post, but...

I wonder if all the defensive backups the have been playing for NE would have been starting for other teams...

Because they can sure tackle, cover and overall play-in-your-face smack football. It was easy to see that their D backups were better than our veteran O unit.

No discredit to those guys. They have been smacking other offensive units as well.

GOOO FFIIINZ !

:cooldude:

Tommy Hendricks focuses on special teams and not the defense team when in practice.

So your saying Tommy is only a special teams player? Then who is our backup linebacker? Could it be that Dave is that dumb to only have 3 linebackers? No, the 4th linebacker is

TOMMY HENDRICKS

Im not saying he did a bad job on sunday, im just saying without zachs fire it was a completely differnent game.

Who started for juinior seau when he was injured?

was it tommy hendricks?

With zach in the lineup the game would have had a differnet outocme.

Re: Re: Anyone know the status of Eddie Moore's recovery?

...The status of Eddie Moore is certain. It has been determined that Moore is an injury-prone player as the likes of OJ McDuffie and Oronde Gadsden. It is strongly believed that if Moore plays another down in a game, he will fall to the ground and start twitching from unknown causes.

I didn't know he was another Yatil "Stiff Wind Breaks My Bones" Green. Another wasted pick you say?

Back
Top Bottom