Anyone know why Ricky Williams jersey is so expensive | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone know why Ricky Williams jersey is so expensive

dolpns13

Taste the Burn
Club Member
Reaction score
In the pro shop its 272 bucks...Why is it so expensive. Ricky isnt worth a roll of toilet paper

threads in the jersey are made from fibers donated by Ricky Williams himself.
Nobody knows for sure what the fibers are, but several former fans that burned their #34 jerseys reported a sudden craving for Doritos and/or Cheetos. :lol:

:sidelol: hahahahaha classic!!

threads in the jersey are made from fibers donated by Ricky Williams himself.
Nobody knows for sure what the fibers are, but several former fans that burned their #34 jerseys reported a sudden craving for Doritos and/or Cheetos. :lol:

Funny stuff aside (and they were funny) ... technically, he is still officially on the roster. Typically, the price drops are for players that have left the team. That's the only reason that I can think of.

click on my EBAY link in my sig. I got one for $12 for sale.

In the pro shop its 272 bucks...Why is it so expensive. Ricky isnt worth a roll of toilet paper

that's because he hasn't officially been cut yet...people used to come in and ask us that ALL the time because they hang on the wall right next to the register (or did, i don't know how the store looks now that there's new management) the authentics in the store cost 269.99 and the orange ones cost 279.99 or some junk like that. ya...so there's yo answer. lol

Anyone know if you can buy a Ricky Pro Bowl jersey, the year he was the game MVP.

Remember that he scored 2 TD's, caught a couple passes & caused a fumble running down on the kickoff team and the AFC got the ball back.

arte-1.jpg

AFC running back Ricky Williams escaped Brian Urlacher's tackle

In his first Pro Bowl, the Miami running back rushed for 56 yards, scored two touchdowns and forced a fumble on special teams to earn the MVP award in the AFC's 45-20 victory over the NFC.

Success on the islands is nothing new for Williams, who capped his Heisman Trophy-winning senior season at Texas by earning MVP honors in the 1999 Hula Bowl. Hawaii suits his famously detached personality, but his effort was anything but mellow.

"What's fun is how laid-back everything is," Williams said. "It's always great to get in the end zone, but it's especially great to do it against the best players in the world with millions of people watching."
He was the biggest contributor to a balanced AFC effort featuring 100-yard passing games by all three quarterbacks and a record-tying six interceptions by the defense. Staked to a big early lead by Williams and starting quarterback Rich Gannon, the AFC cruised to its sixth victory in the last seven Pro Bowls.

Williams, who led the NFL in rushing for the Dolphins after three tough seasons in New Orleans, also caught three passes as the AFC jumped to a 28-6 halftime lead and eliminated the tension -- already minor at best -- from this good-natured exhibition.

Williams also scored with 47 seconds left in the first half to give a 28-6 lead to the AFC -- though he ran the wrong direction on the play before simply bowling over Washington's Champ Bailey.
Williams, an avid traveler, plans to spend the next month in Costa Rica and Thailand, and he doesn't plan to think about football until he's done vacationing.
"I had a great time this whole week hanging out with the guys," he said. "I got a chance to see this beautiful island and relax. Hopefully I'll be able to come back many, many more times."

You can go back to Hawaii Ricky, just not as a part of the Pro Bowl unfortunately.

Garo Yapremian was the only other Dolphhin to win the Pro Bowl MVP in 1974

Back
Top Bottom