Anyone out there from Memphis who knows why Means is being ignored in the League? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone out there from Memphis who knows why Means is being ignored in the League?

Lee2000

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I am really curious as to why a guy the size of Means is being ignored. He is even listed as a nose tackle by most publications. I have a guess. He is not as strong at the point of attack as scouts would like. He has been in the middle of poor decision making, abeit not all his fault (Alabama scandal). He may have some attitude problems that have been noted, or pure gossip that he has such.

Why wouldn't Saban bring him in, develop him some, put him on the practice squad if he needs more development, and he might make a top notch nose tackle. Low risk investment. I realize Vickerman was also considered a nose tackle and he will get ever chance to impress, but given the DL situation, why not bring in Means.

I do realize now that every player signed is required that another be cut. I am sure that is a consideration in bringing in any new guy.

Lee2000

The fact of the matter is, we just don't know. We're going to have to trust his judgement because I'm sure he knows something we do not.

I think there were questions about his desire to play the game. Remember how far Antajj Hawthorne and elton Brown fell in the draft for the same reason. the long term sucess of a player with no motivation is almost nil.

College is an interview for a career in the NFL. imagine going to an interview in jeans, wiping a booger on the desk, and asking for a job.

p.s. I asked this question a couple days ago and got an answer along these lines:)

Lee2000 said:
I am really curious as to why a guy the size of Means is being ignored. He is even listed as a nose tackle by most publications. I have a guess. He is not as strong at the point of attack as scouts would like. He has been in the middle of poor decision making, abeit not all his fault (Alabama scandal). He may have some attitude problems that have been noted, or pure gossip that he has such.

Why wouldn't Saban bring him in, develop him some, put him on the practice squad if he needs more development, and he might make a top notch nose tackle. Low risk investment. I realize Vickerman was also considered a nose tackle and he will get ever chance to impress, but given the DL situation, why not bring in Means.

I do realize now that every player signed is required that another be cut. I am sure that is a consideration in bringing in any new guy.

Lee2000

:lol: I thought he was talking about Natrone Means

As u can tell by my name, i am from Memphis. I dont know if you all know the Albert Means story or not but here i go. When out of high school (Melrose), his coach was paid off by Kentucky coaches to go to school there. Albert was not aware of this until a year later. After going through the NCAA investigations he came back home to Memphis to play for the Tigers (and 2005-2006 Heisman Trophy candidate DeAngelo Williams!!!!). Anyway to put it bluntly he came back with i think 3 years left. Year 1 he was overwieght, year 2 he was academically ineligible. He didnt get real playing time til this last year. So as you can see Albert, though not all his fault, is marked with controversy and therefore probably scaring teams away.

Back
Top Bottom