Anyone see this???

FinFrenzy

Never Lose Faith in the Fins
Club Member
Reaction score
I was cruising around looking at all the fin sites and saw this at phinzone.com

Looking Ahead to 2004
Dec. 10th, 2003
Barry Jackson of The Miami Herald reports the players who have emerged as the most likely to be cut for cap reasons: Brian Griese, Derrius Thompson, James McKnight, Tim Ruddy, Todd Perry, Jamar Fletcher and perhaps Jay Fiedler, Brock Marion and Tim Bowens.

There were no links to verify this.....if this is old news I'm sorry.

I guess the point you're trying to make is that the Dolphins future seems to be very scary one. We've been built for so long, I think the bubble is going to pop starting next year. I've been thinking about this and it seems to be heading that way. :( :cry: :(

No that is not my point..............are future seems very bright.

The players that would be cut are average and being paid good money.

Except for marion and bowens......I say bye bye bye

I AGREE, I say keep marion and big bow, free up space for some linemen studs, other than that our defense is nasty grab a couple of tackles, and a gaurd, maybe a qb and our future looks bright

Originally posted by FinFrenzy
No that is not my point..............are future seems very bright.

The players that would be cut are average and being paid good money.

Except for marion and bowens......I say bye bye bye

Are not some of those average players being counted on for MNF..

we can have the practice squad play and we'd still kick the eagles ***.

AFC: Div. 1
NFC: JC

I'm pretty sure that cutting Fletcher would do pretty much nothing for our cap.

That list doesn't surprise me at all.

Originally posted by Section126
we can have the practice squad play and we'd still kick the eagles ***.

AFC: Div. 1
NFC: JC

I got to say 126 I sense some hostility, you chase me all over the place.

But really now the practice squad and have some sense of history the NFC has always been the ---- Senior League. You AFL upstarts

just kidding with ya...........but i do warn ya.......we do play extremely well at home in primetime.

Originally posted by Section126
just kidding with ya...........but i do warn ya.......we do play extremely well at home in primetime.

I'm well aware of the records, just a football fan - first - that happens to be an Eagles fan also.

If I had a choice I think I'd take Bowens over Marion.

I love Marion and he's still playing great ball but his age is getting up there. Although that's the suprising thing so I really don't know.

Would it be possible to keep both? I'm sure Marion will stick around atleast one more year.

Originally posted by XoPhinsoX
If I had a choice I think I'd take Bowens over Marion.

I love Marion and he's still playing great ball but his age is getting up there. Although that's the suprising thing so I really don't know.

Would it be possible to keep both? I'm sure Marion will stick around atleast one more year.

The only reason I would put Marion above Bowens is that we don't have a player right now who could step in and play near his level. With Bowens, Zgonina has proven he can do so.

But as far as the other players from the original list goes, I think almost all of them need to be let go, because we need to upgrade at QB, WR, OL, and every one of them falls into that category except Fletcher, and I think everyone on this board knows why he should be gone.

Originally posted by Dolfan02
I guess the point you're trying to make is that the Dolphins future seems to be very scary one. We've been built for so long, I think the bubble is going to pop starting next year. I've been thinking about this and it seems to be heading that way. :( :cry: :(

I think to the contrary, that we will be fine.
None of the above is unreplaceable except Tim Bowens which I would think we'll find a way to keep.

A few of those names I'll be glad to see go in fact.

Too early to really tell but I think positive changes will be made in the offseason.

Originally posted by DolphinzD

Fletcher, and I think everyone on this board knows why he should be gone.

Yeah, thanks for the memories Fletch!
See ya in the CFL.

Originally posted by wileydawg

Are not some of those average players being counted on for MNF..

Wiley, you lost me here??? They have been counted on all year, in fact ever since they've been players....................

Back
Top Bottom