Anyone thing feely can be partly a diversion | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone thing feely can be partly a diversion

outtawack311

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I like getting feely, he showed he is accurate. But, has anyone thought that it might also be a way to help someone like rivers fall to us. If people dont think we want him then no one has to move ahead of us to get him. I wouldnt be surprised to see us pick up rivers if he is there.

yes, this is a big possiblity. we dont want to show our hand. i believe we can get him. gotta have faith.

Doubt it. Speilman and Wanstedt have to win to keep their jobs. There best bet is Feeley, and WR at #20. I like it myself. I think Feeley will be great.

Originally posted by Lukin
Doubt it. Speilman and Wanstedt have to win to keep their jobs. There best bet is Feeley, and WR at #20. I like it myself. I think Feeley will be great.

do u seriously think they have to win to keep their jobs? i will not believe it until i see it.

not a chance. we will draft a WR or even a defensive player. most of you don't want to hear it but we need young solid defensive players. a safety or defensive tackle would me the most likely.

Are you people crazy?

That's one hell of an expensive "diversion". Pay a guy a big sum of money so that another guy (who probably won't go past #11 BTW) can magically fall to #20...and you can have two expensive players for one position.

Spielman is there for a while now Wanny he really needs to win because he has been on the hot seat since the end of the the 2002 season. Spielman has to know more than we know being Rivers was out there. I would have thought for sure the dolphins could have made it one more year with Fiedler get Rivers he start next year that would have been a good move. Fiedler has proved that he can run the offense we would have a better line. I guess this trade will help us to be able to go out an get more players in FA's.

Not if they left the other qb's in FA so teams that need qb's will get them instead of drafting Rivers then he may be around for us to pick. And still use a pick on a wr if we get one for OGUN

In this league you don't give up a 2nd round pick and an $18 million contract to a guy as a "diversion"

I mean I almost see it as a plausible ploy if the coaches saw that this would DEFINITELY cause Rivers (or Henson) to fall to them...then you could sort of look at it like a trade up situation...you're spending the 3rd round pick equivalent (a 2nd in 2005) to trade up to get your hands on Rivers while still settling your short term QB situation.

But NFL guys aren't that creative, not even the so-called mad scientists.

It could be possible mind you, that if the pick we get for Ogun is low, and Henson re-enters the draft, that we might try and get him. He would make more sense because its much more of a risk/reward situation and he will take longer than a Phil Rivers to play. I suspect that the first two years of Feeley's contract are looking a lot like the first two years of Fiedler's contract...meaning if we wanted to dump him after two years of failure and go with our up-and-coming all-world talent Henson then we could do it pretty pain free.

Back
Top Bottom