Anyone think Vernon Davis is.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone think Vernon Davis is....

Tone_E

THT - Two Hand Tony
Reaction score
Anyone think Vernon Davis is the next coming of S. Sharpe? Damn, I was watching him at the combine, and he's running low 4's in the 40, built like a machine, with hands. I defenitly think he will make an immediate impact to whatever team he lands on.

Thoughts?

I dont think there has ever been a TE with his measureables that you could compare him to...

Do you guys think he will be better than Kellen Winslow or Jeremy Shockey will be?

weisdolphins said:
Do you guys think he will be better than Kellen Winslow or Jeremy Shockey will be?

Well Jeremy Shockey is not that great of a TE. Kellen Winslow was a great TE so thats alot to compare him too so early in his career. However Davis has all the tools to do it!

weisdolphins said:

:sidelol: Thats not saying much at this point. I've heard scouts/analysts say he'll be what Winslow should have been.

dominizzo said:
I think Mercedes Lewis will be the better proo

no way... Personally, I think Pope will be the best pro of the TEs... but Davis could prove me wrong...

But no way Mercedes does... He is good... but not better than Davis... and not better than Pope...

SpeedRush99 said:
:sidelol: Thats not saying much at this point. I've heard scouts/analysts say he'll be what Winslow should have been.

Was he talking about Kellen Winslow Jr? I thought he was talking about Kellen Winslow Sr. My mistake.

Skeet84 said:
Was he talking about Kellen Winslow Jr? I thought he was talking about Kellen Winslow Sr. My mistake.

I assumed Jr. since he grouped him with Shockey.

Seems to me that Davis is a little more athletic Gonzales, he's shorter but faster and jumps higher. Pope reminds me of Ben "winter" Coates. That guy used to run 3 yard hooks, catch the ball and then just walk backwards pushing three guys ten yards. He used to drive me nuts. He's what made Bledsoe a really good Qb for those few years. he always had the safety valve.

Canadi-Phin said:
Seems to me that Davis is a little more athletic Gonzales, he's shorter but faster and jumps higher. Pope reminds me of Ben "winter" Coates. That guy used to run 3 yard hooks, catch the ball and then just walk backwards pushing three guys ten years. He used to drive me nuts. He's what made Bledsoe a really good Qb for those few years. he always had the safety valve.

Good comparison.

i think he will be good, but I also see Lewis being thebetter pro than him and pope, but I guess it will depend ointhe teams that they all go to and how they are used

Davis is an amazing prospect, but only time will tell. Don't let a 40 time fool you into telling how good a tight end is.

Back
Top Bottom