anyone want to paint a LEGITIMATE positive from this game? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

anyone want to paint a LEGITIMATE positive from this game?

BGtoKNfor6

Where is the reset button?
Reaction score
Other than the lack of injuries, I really can't say much about miami's 2nd and 3rd team roster. I guess I will spin a positive on Jordan considering his lack of camp time that he pressured the qb and looked pretty good given the circumstances. Outside of that, I hope the philbin and Ireland have some kind of plan for the LT position. Dallas Thomas looks like he has never played left tackle a day in his life...It's one thing to get beaten by first team starters as a rooke but to get REPEATEDLY RAPED by 2nd stringers or worse is pretty damn bad.

Dion Jordan for sure is going to be a beast. I'm looking for tannehill to be the man. This season will tell us a lot about tannehill.

The game doesn't count in the standings.

That's all I got.:rolleyes2:

Jordan looked good, and miller (besides the first play) looked good. other than that piss poor tackling. no need to lose your mind.

Jordan and Miller looked awesome (minus Miller's fumble, which was definitely just nerves).

Let it be known that I could care less what the box score it. However, I expect any miami dolphins first string starter to dominate a backup. Now positions like o-line are different where you have to work as a cohesive unit. Paring starters with 2nd team players can be bad considering a starter may have to make up for the poor play of a backup and therefore lose containment on their own guy, etc. However, guys like daniel thomas have zero excuse. He blows. Bury this guy. I usually like coming out of games with some kind of "win". Outside of health, I come away with NOTHING with this game. Possibly that Devlin looks ok.

No major injuries to the top players
Egnew had his best game as a Dolphin, but is still on the bubble.
Gray made some decent runs at RB. I like him.
Jordan confirmed the high potential and after the surgery and rehab and late start, it's good to see him getting involved.
Evan Rodriguez made a couple of decent plays and could well be Jorvorskie Lane's replacement.

Rodriguez wasn't bad. Devlin was ok. Devlin should be lighting up 3rd stringers. He isn't a rookie.

The kick coverage team looked good, and the punting looked good.
Both the offense and defense looked horrible all night. Keep in mind Dallas had a lot of starters not even in the game.
IMHO, the only thing this team did tonight was lower expectations. I expected a tighter, tougher and more cohesive performance.

Daniel Thomas wont make team thats my positive

I hate to really dig on a phins player but Daniel Thomas is about the equivalent of Egnew. He blows. I don't believe in this kid at all. He is slow. Like short bus slow. He is like Sammy Smith with the ball. Just cut him and promote Gillislee and Gray and be done with it. I haven't been this low on a dolphins players in a long time. I just see a guy that has already hit his ceiling of mediocrity.

Micheal Egnew made a number of good catches, Dion Jordon looked good, and Evan Rodriguez showed that he simply can provide more athleticism than Jovorskie Lane.

A positive? It's preseason, and not just any preseason game, an extra one. Who gives a ****. Outside of injuries, it has literally no bearing on anything outside of who makes the practice squad. People never fail to freak the **** out after them every year though.

Back
Top Bottom