Anyone watching Cedric Benson? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone watching Cedric Benson?

KB21

Club Member
Reaction score
This guy may not be quite as good as Ricky, but he is very, very similar to him in running style.

Of the top three backs I've seen (Cedric Benson, Cadillac Williams, and Ronnie Brown), I think Cedric is the best pure power runner of the group. Cadillac is probably the more explosive back while Ronnie Brown is the best all around back.

I'm really impressed with Benson's power though. All but one of his runs today has been in between the tackles. He's a pile mover, a workhorse, and can get the tough yards.

I got to see most of the first half. And he looked much better than he did when I saw him vs. Oklahoma.

The guy who REALLY impressed me today was Alley Broussard of LSU. That guy looked pretty special. Too bad he's just a sophomore.

Cedric is a bruiser.. he pounds out yards and is very tough to bring down

Don't read too much into today's game. Our defense couldn't tackle Mangum today. BTW, 'Horns thank the refs for your early christmas present. 1 pt. safety my @$$....

AggieFin21 said:
Don't read too much into today's game. Our defense couldn't tackle Mangum today. BTW, 'Horns thank the refs for your early christmas present. 1 pt. safety my @$$....

According to the rulebook, it was a 1 point safety. Anyway, the Aggies lost by 13. The refs shouldn't be blamed for the loss.

how do you get 1 point for a safety? i had not heard of that befor? i thought 2 points was awarded for a safety? does that apply for the nfl as well?

If we take a rb in the first round that will be 3 #1's and a #3 for rb's in the past 4 years.

I Saw Him

And I wouldn't mind taking him with our number one pick assuming it's not the number one pick in the draft. If the number one is ours and Benson is the target, I'd like to see us trade down and pick up a second. Then we could get Benson, an OT, and a DT (or QB) on day one.

I agree, Benson reminds me of Ricky. Let's hope his mind isn't as "hazy".

Cedric Benson is the best back coming out this year. I wish Texas had atleast one decent WR because Vince Young would be putting up monster numbers. It's too bad that the BCS is so screwed up that Utah get's a bid over TU, I gurantee Texas would beat Utah by 20 pts. Texas lost to Oklahoma but could've easily won that game it's a shame that college football decides things because of $$ rather than the best teams.

AggieFin21 said:
lol im sorry but UT owned A&M

They ran all over them, and Cedric Benson tore them apart.. The 1pt play, which WAS perfectly legal, doesnt even matter.. you lost by 13

Thats 5 years in a row now

BTW, I watched the whole game, and tackling didnt seem to be any problem for the Aggies.. Appel had a huge game, and they were constantly making great one on one tackles against Vince

He is a very talented player but I know I wouldn't want a player on my team that said he'd rather win the Heisman than win a Nat'l Championship.

iceblizzard69 said:
According to the rulebook, it was a 1 point safety. Anyway, the Aggies lost by 13. The refs shouldn't be blamed for the loss.
According to the rulebook, A&M would have had to have tried to advance the ball out of the endzone for it to be considered the 1 pt. saftey. Last time I checked, falling on the ball wasn't trying to advance it.

And that bad call changed the whole complexion of the game. It may not have cost us the game but it had a severe impact on it....just like the call in the Texas/Kansas game...

And how do you call a 13 pt. victory being owned? Benson ran all over us, not Texas as a team. If anyone got "owned" it was Young....

AggieFin21 said:
According to the rulebook, A&M would have had to have tried to advance the ball out of the endzone for it to be considered the 1 pt. saftey. Last time I checked, falling on the ball wasn't trying to advance it.

And that bad call changed the whole complexion of the game. It may not have cost us the game but it had a severe impact on it....just like the call in the Texas/Kansas game...

And how do you call a 13 pt. victory being owned? Benson ran all over us, not Texas as a team. If anyone got "owned" it was Young....
The only thing that confused me about that play was the fact that the kicker had made contact with the ball, im not sure if the refs picked that up. Other than that everything made perfect sense. The play was considered a safety because the Aggies grabbed the ball before it went into the endzone, then got hit and the ball went back into the endzone and the aggies fell on it. UT was only rewarded one point because they were only going for the extra point. Had they been going for the 2pt conversion it would have been a 2pt safety.

Back
Top Bottom