Anyone watching Cedric Benson? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone watching Cedric Benson?

I used to think that Benson was the best back out there, but his stock has slipped some this year. He takes a mini-vacation at times out on the field. It's easy to run roughshod over Baylor or Kansas, but he doesn't do it against OKLA.

Guys, this is ricky Jr. you are talking about. He even wants to look and dress like him. It's best for us to stay away from that. Cadillac would be a better draft choice IF we have to go the draft route for RB.

KBISBACK said:
This guy may not be quite as good as Ricky, but he is very, very similar to him in running style.

Of the top three backs I've seen (Cedric Benson, Cadillac Williams, and Ronnie Brown), I think Cedric is the best pure power runner of the group. Cadillac is probably the more explosive back while Ronnie Brown is the best all around back.

I'm really impressed with Benson's power though. All but one of his runs today has been in between the tackles. He's a pile mover, a workhorse, and can get the tough yards.

He was very impressive last night. He has gotten significantly better through his career and it's literally toss a coin for Brown, Caddy and Benson as to who will go off the board first. I suppose it depends what you want to fit your scheme. If you want the Aston Martin, you take Caddy, if you want the 4x4 you take Benson and if you want the *searches for a car that catches and blocks and runs, but fails miserably* then you take Ronnie. What might weigh in Brown's favour is that he has so few miles on the clock compared to the other 2.

Wasn't it odd watching Derrick Johnson in #60? Guy is a 1 man wrecking crew.

dolphingator said:
I used to think that Benson was the best back out there, but his stock has slipped some this year. He takes a mini-vacation at times out on the field. It's easy to run roughshod over Baylor or Kansas, but he doesn't do it against OKLA.

Guys, this is ricky Jr. you are talking about. He even wants to look and dress like him. It's best for us to stay away from that. Cadillac would be a better draft choice IF we have to go the draft route for RB.
How has his stock slipped this year? He is having his best season so far and looks way better than he did a couple years back when he was a top 3 back in the NCAA. True he didnt have a big day against OU because the Sooners came in and had one thing on their mind, and that was stuff the run and force the inexperienced Vince Young into making plays with his arm. He has dominated in every other game against quality teams. Im big on Cadillac Williams too and if the Dolphins decide to draft RB, I wouldnt be disappointed if they got him over Benson, but there is no way you can say he has slipped in production.

Back
Top Bottom