Anyone watching KC/Denver.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone watching KC/Denver....

IAFINFAN

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Watch the running play Denver is running with the fake to the FB and flid back to RB with sweep. Looks sweet doesn't.

Can you picture that play with the fake to Ricky and the toss to Ronnie Brown. Me likey the way that could look. Run it a couple of times and mix in the pass to McMichael down out in the flat or a Chambers bomb. Could be a lot of fun for us this year. Thank god for Saban.. :rofl3:

yoiu have it backwards, they will fake to ronnie and ricky will take it to the house.

Yeah im watching and im disgusted. I needed KC to beat Denver in order to win my football pool ($200). The Chiefs look awful.

IAFINFAN said:
Watch the running play Denver is running with the fake to the FB and flid back to RB with sweep. Looks sweet doesn't.

Can you picture that play with the fake to Ricky and the toss to Ronnie Brown. Me likey the way that could look. Run it a couple of times and mix in the pass to McMichael down out in the flat or a Chambers bomb. Could be a lot of fun for us this year. Thank god for Sabban.. :rofl3:

I'm fairly sure we ran the fake to FB, toss the RB play yesterday and got about 8yrds off of it. Obviously though it would work better with any combination of Ricky and Ronnie in the backfield.

Yeah, it sucks not being able to watch them this year. First year without Direct TV since they changed the signal and my neighbors F**ing tree is too tall to get the signal there anymore. Had to suffer through Wanny coached nightmares that last two years. Now that Saban is here I have to listen over the damn internet. Glad to hear about the nastiest of the OL since we have lacked that for alot years.

Hope this isn't a fluke for the Cheifs, if they play like that when we face them... oh boy...

I'm glad Denver is winning honestly. My friend went to this game tonight and he was sooo excited, he lives in Iowa, as do I, so I don't blame him. I'm glad he's getting his moneys worth.

IAFINFAN said:
Yeah, it sucks not being able to watch them this year. First year without Direct TV since they changed the signal and my neighbors F**ing tree is too tall to get the signal there anymore. Had to suffer through Wanny coached nightmares that last two years. Now that Saban is here I have to listen over the damn internet. Glad to hear about the nastiest of the OL since we have lacked that for alot years.

Damn, that sucks. Can you install a small monopole for the dish that would be tall enough to overcome the tree issue? You might want to look into that with your local jurisdiction, see what the zoning laws allow.

I'm talking about a pole like a HAM radio operator would have; the dish could be at the top. You'd have to also hire a cherry-picker to mount the dish, since DTV's installers aren't supposed to work above the rooflines.

But this might be a solution if you can bear the added expense.

IAFINFAN said:

Can you picture that play with the fake to Ricky and the toss to Ronnie Brown. Me likey the way that could look. Run it a couple of times and mix in the pass to McMichael down out in the flat or a Chambers bomb. Could be a lot of fun for us this year. Thank god for Saban.. :rofl3:

We ran that play a couple time in the preseason.

Im pretty sure Ricky got like a 4 yard TD on it.

finfan54 said:
yoiu have it backwards, they will fake to ronnie and ricky will take it to the house.

errrrrrrrrrrrr

i was watching, now i'm just glancing over occassionally, 30-3...?? seriously.

i picked the chiefs to win, but oh well. with the chiefs loss i'm 12-2 on my picks this week(also picked the steelers to win). not to bad...

MadLib said:
Yeah im watching and im disgusted. I needed KC to beat Denver in order to win my football pool ($200). The Chiefs look awful.

Don't feel too bad, I had the Chiefs too. I am shocked at the result.

You know what guys -- I read someone say "I don't miss Surtain, he is garbage" or some stuff like that. Surtain is a beast as a CB, and I root for him. But you know what? This is a good football team in Denver. Granted its at home, Denver is playing defense against this force of an offense. Priest, Johnson, Green, Gonzalez, and the O-Line are playing against a fast Denver defense.

The same defense the Dolphins played against the first game of the season.

Its time people really took our team seriously. I'm not saying we are going to the Superbowl. I'm not saying we are absolutely dominat.

But what I do know is that in their first years of coaching a unit, this team has a lot of chemistry and PURPOSE. We are in a different era of being Dolfans. This is so exciting! Ronnie Brown may have just shown flashes of brilliance, but the fact is that we have experienced brilliance since Saban joined.

Look at how our FRANCHISE has changed. We are not making excuses, we are holding accountability. We are being run like a TIGHT SHIP -- not some BS media moguls like the press wants us to act!

We have a decent QB, good receivers, a great TE, and a solid defense. We are stopping the run. Stopping the run means SAFETYS making plays, because they are not only signal callers but can account for big plays. Saban saw something in Jones too -- they both play the safety position. Not Strong or Free, but Left and Right. Two signal callers in a complex defense.

We beat the Panthers! We accounted for nearly 3 - 4 OFFENSE drives in terms of production with penalties by our team. But imagine when we get this down, when we reduce penalties.... Guys Saban runs a TIGHT SHIP! He knows everyone is adopting.

We put a lot of heat on Jason Taylor for going offsides.... Its a different ball game when JT lines up as an OLB or OE, because the timing and position is different. WAIT UNTIL JT GRASPS THIS! He will get his timing down, and becoe what Saban said he could be -

THE MOST DOMINANT OLB / DE in the LEAGUE. Why? He has the physical tools with a height of 6'6''. He can make up in weight what others have in weight. His technique will provide him with opportunities in pass rushes. His athleticism will give him plays in space.

We have a run stopper in Zach who plays damn near every game. He is a gimme for 6 - 7 tackles on his OWN in a defense. I posted it before, but Zach is playing better than Ray Lewis could ever dream. Zach may not wave flags before a game, but give him any damn defense.... He focuses on reading the plays and using his gut instincts and pure quickness and awareness to take over the "Center Field."

We have a great cover corner in Sam Madison. Even if Smith had that many yards -- we won.... He thinks he won the "war?" He's wrong. We don't care what player catches what - if we get the W it's containing. Right?

Saban's own acknowledgment of our biggest problem has yet to be seen. But it will be. We need a replacement for Reggie Howard in our teams DEPTH CHART. Saban wants depth that isn't there. But I hope players can step up and buy into the system.

I really think we have something special, rookie season or not with Saban. He put some stop-gap players in, and we have a FOOTBALL TEAM. We are about to have Ricky Williams back, and we have Ronnie Brown. He has adopted to the speed of the game. Lets face it. He will be great -- whether he has a great game in Buffalo or not. I think he is good for 100+; he'll have some time to rest and realize that he has what it takes. He is a friggin bruiser! Nick knew that.

Did anyone else see the blocking by Ronnie? Did everyone see Gus roll left and right to make throws? It was great. You know not only is Houck great for his schemes, we are moving Gus from left to right instead of keeping him in the pocket where Feeley would have to TRY and sit. Frankly, he doesn't know whats going on (Feeley). Gus at least doesn't make the WORST mistakes. So he gets the ball downfield, and he isn't 100% accurate.

But does he throw punk passes for touchdowns? (Yet? -- Lets hope not ... I don't think it will happen).

This offense is an OFFENSE. We have some people who have a purpose, and its to say "WE ARE NOT A 4-12 TEAM, AND I HOPE YOU COME INTO THIS GAME THINKING WE ARE."

I don't care if you are the Patriots or the Steelers, the Eagles or the Panthers --

If you come to Miami or if we visit you, just know that you have a lot of people with something to prove.

We have nothing to lose, and everything to gain. So we offer you everything.

Back
Top Bottom