Anyone who didn't expect that to happen | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone who didn't expect that to happen

Philbin has to go. Team ALWAYS coming out flat. Then he played not to lose at end. I knew after they punted they would lose.

While I thought Green Bay would win 34-17 or somewhere close, I knew once the Dolphins didn't run the clock out that Rodgers would win it. You're right. Being a fan of this team we see things like this all the time. I'm still pissed and hell even numb right now even though I expected the result.

It ****ing sucks being a fan of this franchise.

I said as soon as they converted that 4th down play that they'd score a TD. Same **** every year with this team

You all knew this was going to happen. The dolphins will never win that game. Accept it.

This team always pulls defeat out of the jaws of victory.

I guess I shouldn't expect a guy who only COACHED Aaron Rodgers for 5 years to know better than to give him the ball and dare him to beat you with 2:00 to go. Silly me.

This why I barely give the Dolphins credit for beating the Patriots last year. The only way they didn't give away that game was because some guy who hadn't been indoctrinated into the mediocrity yet made a play the rest of the Dolphins didn't make to seal the game, and given enough time this staff coaches the ability to win games out of players.

When we chose to run it on 3rd and 9 (again the definition of playing not to lose instead of playing to win) I screamed like I had Tourette's "We ****ing lost!!" This was in front of my in-laws and others around.

A close second was choosing to take one of OUR timeouts when they had 4th and 10 and no TOs left.

It is really amazing with this team how you can see/feel it coming.....there was ABSOLUTELY no doubt in my mind that Rodgers would come back and win it.

I knew this was going to happen as well. Being a fan of this team is torture.

Anyone taking issue with that last statement a) was a fan of the Dolphins in the early 70s when they won or b) is too young to have been a fan for that long. That middle ground where me and a lot of fans on this site have lived has been one groin kick after another.

5 games in it's safe to say this team does not do any one thing reliably well.

I knew this was going to happen as well. Being a fan of this team is torture.

Anyone taking issue with that last statement a) was a fan of the Dolphins in the early 70s when they won or b) is too young to have been a fan for that long. That middle ground where me and a lot of fans on this site have lived has been one groin kick after another.

5 games in it's safe to say this team does not do any one thing reliably well.

The time out on 4th and 10 was the worst in Phin's history....Phuck you Philbin. So mad right now.

Just don't make moronic strategic decisions. That's all I ask for. I expected Green Bay to not be at its best, and for this game to come down to the final possession. I posted that early in the week. It reminded me of the Seattle game two years ago and the Carolina game last year. We were fortunate the opponent was satisfied with itself after a string of wins. Green Bay in that second quarter today seemed so confident of inevitable victory they actually ran the ball too often, particularly on first down.

Calling that time out on 4th and 10 is an all timer. Green Bay was exhausted and reeling. The play clock was running down and they had no look of being able to regroup. No problem. We'll bail them out. It was as if Philbin had a preplanned strategy and was so robotically clueless he didn't bother to adjust based on situation.

With 6 seconds remaining it's obvious they'll run a quick play to enable 2 snaps instead of 1, if needed. As soon as Wheeler ran out there to cover a split receiver it was so laughable I didn't bother to retain any hope. You could see Rodgers looking in that direction and gesturing. No need to disguise anything. The Dolphins have handed it to you. Take it and smile.

Back
Top Bottom