anyone who says we should "Blow up" this team. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

anyone who says we should "Blow up" this team.

Jersey DolFan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
there are certainly some issues on this team in many aspects. If Tony Sparano has to be the sacrificial lamb for lack of preperation early in the season or maybe b/c ross undermined him, fine.

but with the talent we actually do have on this team - it would be INSANE to once AGAIN blow up a team and start over.

Give Ireland his credit - Odrick, Clay, Bush, Bess, Thomas etc. the list goes on. This team is finally clicking - ad no, we wont make the playoffs, and no, we probably will not end up with a winning season. But either way, doing the same thing over and over and thinking it will work eventually is the definition of INSANITY. this team does not and should not be "blown up" and "rebuilt" tell the wanna-be "grocery shopping forming head coaches" to take a seat, and bring me some young blood who wants to motivate and utilize THIS TEAM .

there are certainly some issues on this team in many aspects. If Tony Sparano has to be the sacrificial lamb for lack of preperation early in the season or maybe b/c ross undermined him, fine.

but with the talent we actually do have on this team - it would be INSANE to once AGAIN blow up a team and start over.

Give Ireland his credit - Odrick, Clay, Bush, Bess, Thomas etc. the list goes on. This team is finally clicking - ad no, we wont make the playoffs, and no, we probably will not end up with a winning season. But either way, doing the same thing over and over and thinking it will work eventually is the definition of INSANITY. this team does not and should not be "blown up" and "rebuilt" tell the wanna-be "grocery shopping forming head coaches" to take a seat, and bring me some young blood who wants to motivate and utilize THIS TEAM .
I agree with u but I do think we need some moves before next year, qb is starting to get interesting, WR we need a soild #2. TE is good but needs depth ol is where we need to fill majorly. D looks better more depth out of CB and find a solid FS and replace misi with a proven vet and we are a team to be reckoned with.

I wouldn't be opposed to keeping the regime as long as we draft a QB with our first pick

I didnt think any different now than i did at the beginning of the season. We need to draft a QB. Its great that Moore is playing well in this system so far. Everything that went wrong the first 7 games is now going right.

Not completely. I agree I wanted this whole team blown up a few games ago but there playing good and rebuilding ****ing sucks. I think with the right QB this team could compete in the arc east. It's obvious the jets and bills aren't ready to compete with the patriots and were probably a few good players away from a playoff push. We blow up we rebuild and it's another 2-3 years before were competing again.

i agree with all of you guys. rebuilding sucks, and it rarely even pans out anyway. i find it funny that so many of these "i care about the future" people are the same guys who want to start over and push the "future" even farther back with more rebuilding.

i agree that we still need some pieces and even possibly may need a change at head coach b/c there was certainly something to be desired the first 7 games as far as being ready to play ball.

Ireland has proven that he knows players and hasnt "mortgaged the future" i think if he stays and if tony stays (long shot) than we def go after a qb very early and then supplement with some OL and secondary players.

my biggest fear is we go after some "guru" who brings in and cuts players based on who he knows not actual talent or cohesiveness. we need to let these guys build together, the best teams are the ones who do this.

the pats aren't as dominant as they once were, yet they dont "blow up" and rebuild every year. even look at all the jets hold outs from the mangini era, still a solid team. if we bring in anyone it should be a HC to serve under ireland and keep a large portion of the players on this team. its the only hope for the next decade.

Let's see how the rest of the year pans out.

When you bring in a new coach, you are going to have turnover. That's not necessarily a bad thing.

The talent we have that has carried us to these incredible 7-9 and 3-7 records will be evaluated and adjusted. What's bad about that?

Are you so afraid of change that you want to cling to this great core of players that has struggled for three years now? You're going to be heartbroken when they bring in someone to replace Sean Smith?

Don't be too sure about the turnover IF Jeff Ireland stays.

If we finish 8-8 or 9-7, Sparano, Nolan, and Ireland will be back. Ross will give them another year.

Sparano still needs to go. KC is bad team. Gailey isn't one of the best minds in coaching and Shanahan is done. As soon as we play the smarter coached teams again, we will lose. We need a new head coach and a #1 QB.

When you bring in a new coach, you are going to have turnover. That's not necessarily a bad thing. The talent we have that has carried us to these incredible 7-9 and 3-7 records will be evaluated and adjusted. What's bad about that? Are you so afraid of change that you want to cling to this great core of players that has struggled for three years now? You're going to be heartbroken when they bring in someone to replace Sean Smith?
We've had so much turnover each year, I'm not sure what core you're referencing when you say 3 years. We're a relatively young team. Part of our problem I've thought is we will dump key guys often to "upgrade" and that in turn hurts us.

Back
Top Bottom