anyone who says we should "Blow up" this team. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

anyone who says we should "Blow up" this team.

I have to say Jeff Ireland has had a decent year since the old man got out of his way. Matt Moore is looking like a brilliant move right now

On offense we need at least 2 OL and a future QB. Maybe a hidden gem RB who can return kicks.
Pass rushing LB (or DE/DT in a 4-3 defense) should someone like oh i dont know....jeff fisher take over. And another CB hidden gem in jimmy wilson type will do just fine, but i got to say, nollan carroll has been playing pretty good lately.

im not advocating keeping the entire 53 man roster intact lmao.

even under teh same regime u always evaluate and upgrade players - so im not sure what you point is.

i am talking about completely blowing up the team to replace solid guys with "my guys" this would screw the team up imo.

i think most posters on here knew what i meant.

Yeah I understand your point. I don't want to bring in a Cowher/Gruden type who are going to want to bring in "their" guys. We have a solid foundation here. RG,RT,OLB,FS are all spots we should look to upgrade, although if they want to bring back Culver than I'm fine with that.

I think whoever is in charge of the team next needs to follow the Harbaugh blue print. He didn't totally dismantle the 49er roster and played to their strengths. He knew how to motivate his players and has them on the verge of a first round bye. We've got a lot of talent on this team. I don't want to just throw it away to try and get back to this point in another 3 years.

Matt Moore deserves the rest of the season to be fairly evalutated. I don't know if he's a franchise QB or not, leaning on the not side, but with the way he has played the last 3 weeks he deserves an opportunity to show what he can do.

You lost me when you started congratulating Ireland over what a fantastic job he's done bringing in talent.

Yeah I understand your point. I don't want to bring in a Cowher/Gruden type who are going to want to bring in "their" guys. We have a solid foundation here. RG,RT,OLB,FS are all spots we should look to upgrade, although if they want to bring back Culver than I'm fine with that.

I think whoever is in charge of the team next needs to follow the Harbaugh blue print. He didn't totally dismantle the 49er roster and played to their strengths. He knew how to motivate his players and has them on the verge of a first round bye. We've got a lot of talent on this team. I don't want to just throw it away to try and get back to this point in another 3 years.

Matt Moore deserves the rest of the season to be fairly evalutated. I don't know if he's a franchise QB or not, leaning on the not side, but with the way he has played the last 3 weeks he deserves an opportunity to show what he can do.

this is exactly what im saying man. hopefully ross is thinking more like us and less like the ADHD patients. he did say that teams need continuity though, and he was already seeking a HC last offseason who would keep the core and even Nolan etc. in place. so if we keep doing well i think he will make sure we find a guy who will play to our strengths rather than some guru. guru's just never pan out - i dont understand the facination with them. the new bluprint is bringing in up and comers with Fire, who know how to motivate a good core of players. thats what a HC does anyway. this new HC/Master mind is silly.

I know they say winning cures everything but c'mon 3 wins doesn't erase 4 years of mediocrity. Miami is still 3-7!!!!

I know they say winning cures everything but c'mon 3 wins doesn't erase 4 years of mediocrity. Miami is still 3-7!!!!

blowing up teams doesn't provide 3 years of dominance. it may not even provide anything at all but another rebuild no guarantee it keeps us competitive in the next decade - but it does guarantee at least another 2 years of "mediocrity"

Back
Top Bottom