Anyone who thinks Bears didn't know... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone who thinks Bears didn't know...

dirwuf

Scout Team
Reaction score
Is being ridiculous, Not only would the Dolphins be subject to stiff penalties, humiliation, and nullification of the trade...no other team would want to deal with them.

If you listen to the Marshall apologists he did nothing wrong here. lol.

You mean the humiliation can get worst? FML!

Well hayden, another team traded for him, apparently with full disclosure.... and im supposed to believe that the bears are still the idiots?! If he doesn't. Get suspended, we got 2 third rounders that need to find a way to 5-6 tds, 80-100 catches, and 1,000+ yards... what did our third round wr do last year?

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sport...hall-caught-in-new-york-night-club-melee.html

"The Dolphins and Bears, which had been negotiating a trade since the NFL Combine, were aware of the incident before finalizing Tuesday’s trade"

Mentioned this in another thread.

The thing that pisses me off, is Ireland HAD NOTHING in place NOT ONE SINGLE THING in place to replace Marshall. How many ****ing free agent WR's were signed yesterday? He doesn't think ahead, he makes moves, then sits, waits, sits some more, and then he waits again.

Maybe he had decided not to get rid of Marshall, then it hit the fan; plan b & plan c were already in Washington and Indy.

It has been reported the Bears knew. If he gets suspended it is the Bears problem to deal with. I am still very sad to see Marshall go and still prefer his talent over two 3rd round picks. However, if he gets a year suspension it will make me feel better about this deal.

I am tired of Marshall's immaturity and antics. MAYBE if he helped the team win I could put up with it. However, I am happy Philbin gets a clean slate and builds a team with players that play as a team.

Marshall will catch 100 balls and Chicago will end up in 3rd place behind GB and Det.

If you listen to the Marshall apologists he did nothing wrong here. lol.

he's never done anything wrong, all 27 times the police have been called to his home or some other venue b/c of him have been complete misunderstandings.

The thing that pisses me off, is Ireland HAD NOTHING in place NOT ONE SINGLE THING in place to replace Marshall. How many ****ing free agent WR's were signed yesterday? He doesn't think ahead, he makes moves, then sits, waits, sits some more, and then he waits again.
Really the dolphins don't have a plan, they told you I hole heartedly believe they plan on drafting his replacement in this deep wr class

It's obvious the Bears knew, that's why we appeared to get shafted on the deal. They are gambling that not that much is going to come of this and they get their #1 WR. We obviously are sick of dealing with his off-the-field issues and just took whatever was given before it hit the press and drove the price down further. I still don't like getting rid of our biggest offensive weapon, but it's hard to defend a guy so many times. Even if he didn't do what he's accused, how dumb do you have to be to keep putting yourself in that position to even let it happen ???

Really the dolphins don't have a plan, they told you I hole heartedly believe they plan on drafting his replacement in this deep wr class

I'll be more than happy to revisit this thread next year to either

a) Say I told you so
b) Eat crow

Now I'd love it if option B turned out to be correct, but the truth is I'd bet everything on option A....

Interesting point: note guaranteed money ?

"The incident allegedly started as a fight between Marshall and another football player. Marshall ended up "cold-****ing" the woman in the left eye, though it's not clear if the punch was meant for her or was misdirected in the melee. During the donnybrook, Marshall's wife was hit in the face by a thrown bottle. It's not known that the Dolphins knew about the incident prior to the Marshall trade. Per FOX Sports' Alex Marvez, Marshall's contract clause guaranteeing $6 million of his $9.3 million salary voids if he's suspended by the NFL. Given his long and sordid history of violence, that's a distinct possibility."

rotoworld

“Both the Bears and Dolphins were aware of what occurred over the weekend,” G.M. Phil Emery said. “We decided to move forward with the trade. We have high expectations for Brandon as a Bear.”

PFT

Back
Top Bottom