Anyone with ESPN Insider? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone with ESPN Insider?

caneaddict

Pro Bowler
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Would anyone with Insider please let us know what is being said in the rumors section about the Ravens possibly releasing Boulware?

May. 6 - Peter Boulware is healthy, but that doesn't mean the veteran linebacker is guaranteed a roster spot with the Ravens. If the team is unable to restructure Boulware's contract, which is set to pay him $6 million this season, it might consider cutting the franchise's all-time leading sack leader, reports the Baltimore Sun.

The 30-year-old Boulware is not against restructuring his contract, but knows the arrival of second-round pick Dan Cody means his role will be changed even if he does remain in Baltimore.

"Whatever [general manager] Ozzie [Newsome] and [coach] Brian [Billick] tell me to do, that's what I'm going to do," Boulware told the newspaper. "I know my role is going to be decreased. That's just the reality of the situation. They brought [Cody] in, and if he is everything they think he will be, then they should have a good player."

Is the insider thing worth the money or is it just extra stupid stuff

Insider is amazing, especially if you follow multiple sports. All the best writers (Jayson Stark, Jerry Crasnick, Chad Ford, etc.) are on it, and you get rumors, ratings, blogs, not to mention a year's subscription to ESPN the Magazine for free. It's definitely worth it for any sports fan. I love it...don't know what I'd do without it anymore!

Is Boulware worth the money he'd want in fa? He is coming off a bad injury and is on the wrong side of 30.

stan marino said:
Is Boulware worth the money he'd want in fa? He is coming off a bad injury and is on the wrong side of 30.
If its incentive laden deal then yes or for under 2m or so base. Anything more, no

I think another team would give him a better deal than an incentive laden deal.

Baltimore is going to offer him a restructured deal with incentives...he loves Baltimore...as long as the Raven's aren't trying to totally railroad him on the deal...I doubt he is going anywhere for the next couple of years.

kebort said:
Is the insider thing worth the money or is it just extra stupid stuff

Most people like it. I'm not really a fan of it. I'll probably just let my subscription expire.

Hopefully we'll sign Boulware and then use our first 3 picks in 2006 on some D-Linemen and LB's. Add a few more free agent D-Linemen and LB's next off season and I think we'll be set. Our front 7 will be 25 deep!!! Nothing can stop us then.

HVACservice said:
The last thing we need to do is add to our "front seven"......

Can I ask why you feel that way? The defensive unit is the oldest on the team. If we have any chance to infuse talented youth into an aging unit, I say all the better. Bowens, Chester, Carter, Holliday, Zgonina, Taylor, Thomas, Seau aren't getting any younger. Bowens, Chester, Carter and Zgonina being the Defensive tackles for 1st and second string. To me youth at the defensive tackle is still an issue.

Unless you think Shaw,Romero,Thompson and Vickerson can take their place when they go down to injuries this year. Defensive tackle was a concern last year. Look what happened when we lost Bowens and Chester.... I'd say it's still a concern. That's the way I see it at least.

A 30 year old doesn't help you bring youth to your front seven.

RWhitney014 said:
Insider is amazing, especially if you follow multiple sports. All the best writers (Jayson Stark, Jerry Crasnick, Chad Ford, etc.) are on it, and you get rumors, ratings, blogs, not to mention a year's subscription to ESPN the Magazine for free. It's definitely worth it for any sports fan. I love it...don't know what I'd do without it anymore!

You just made me order it, you should contact them about a comission!!!

caneaddict said:
A 30 year old doesn't help you bring youth to your front seven.

I agree 100%. Perhaps, I missed your point. I just read that you think that adding to our front seven was a taboo to you. If you meant adding Boulware, then I agree with you!

EDIT: :roflmao: Sleep deprived. For a second I though it was HVACService posting again. My bad.

Back
Top Bottom