Anyone worried about McKinney | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone worried about McKinney

BenchFiedler

Undrafted Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I am very worried about Mckinney now that our secondary could be fine with Tebucky Jones and Schulters at safety.

Kevin Vickerson, a rookie is schooling him
Keith Traylor is a wall so I don't think he is a good example, he can move back any Center in this league
We have Kevin Carter pushing him back also. He has lost a step with age.
At least from all the reports I read, Seth never has a good day.

I believe he was one the main reasons our O-line was terrible last year ..Left Tackle was terrible also , but the pressure and soon-to-be sack always came from the middle (Seth)...

BenchFiedler said:
I am very worried about Mckinney now that our secondary could be fine with Tebucky Jones and Schulters at safety.

Keith Traylor is a wall so I don't think he is a good example, he can move back any Center in this league

I believe he was one the main reasons our O-line was terrible last year ..Left Tackle was terrible also , but the pressure and soon-to-be sack always came from the middle (Seth)...

He defintely appears to be the weakest link of your o-line (going by practice evaluations). Houck is a very talented coach and he'll put someone else in if McKinney doesn'tt improve.

McKinney is definitely worrying me although one of the camp reports today said he finally had a good day. I went into training camp positive that mckinney would finally become a good center. Still early but the signs arent good

BenchFiedler said:

Heck ya I'm worried about Mckinney.......... he's simply not bullish enough to play center.

But the one Vickerson has been schooling has been Whitley - a poor excuse for a football player.

I have to ask, why is you praise traylor, who is older then carter, but say carters lost a step because of his age?

And Huock will put the best guy there. Mckinney may be the best we have, or mckinney could be doing better then what everyone thinks. Centers a hard spot to evaluate unless your a coach standing right there.

I wish somehow, some way we could have gotten Jake Grove in the '04 draft.

He's going to be a pro bowler.

Mckinney(at Center) is my BIGGEST FEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really wanted us to get a Center in this draft.I have no faith in Seth whats so ever,hope he proves me wrong.

DolphinDevil28 said:

Many people, Like myself, are still a little surprised Ben Wilkerson Is not on the dolphins right now.

DolphinDevil28 said:

agreed

so-long-Ricky said:
He defintely appears to be the weakest link of your o-line (going by practice evaluations). Houck is a very talented coach and he'll put someone else in if McKinney doesn'tt improve.
damn this has to be the first time i agree with a bills fan :D

I'm definitely worried. Your center has to be on point. He's gotta be the man, as he dictates a lot of what you're able (or not able) to do on the OL. Remember when we tried to make Olin Kruetz the highest paid center ever in 2002??

Vickerson has talent and potential. He's really strong. But a 7th round rookie shouldn't be pushing around a 4th year starting center. I think this will be a position addressed in the offseason.

Back
Top Bottom