Anyone worried about the Carolina Game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone worried about the Carolina Game

We know how good Carolina is, and they know how good we are....

This is one of the most disruptive defensive units in the entire league, and depending on who's in the Panthers starting rotation, it will be one heck of a challenge to keep them off of Culpepper tonight. Much like it was a week ago in Tampa Bay, this game could start slow for our offense....

I'd certainly like to see our OL control the LOS more than they have been, and give Culpepper more time to find a WR, but when facing a unit as strong as the Panthers, it wont be easy. Culpepper will have to adjust to the pressure, and find a way to get around it. He's certainly got the weapons to counter a strong pass rush. Let's hope he uses them wisely....

The Panthers offense is also a very balanced unit. There's a reason this team is expected to win the Super Bowl this year, and with the state of our secondary, we could be in for a painful start to this game on defense. It all really comes down to getting in Delhomme's face, and getting consistant pressure on him. If we can do that, we can counter their passing attack, and keep them off balance as a result...

This is a tough game to call really, but I think if everyone shows up to play, we can give the Panthers a strong showing, and even win tonight. We beat them a year ago during the regular season didn't we??....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Not worried at all. Injuries happen. The Carolina Panthers are not a dirty team. They play the game hard and unfortunately "it" happens. I think that Daunte will have a good game and so will our defense.

Should be a good game, good challenge paritcularly for our OL. Worried? NO. Why should we worry? You gotta play the games, if you spend your life worrying, you might as well just not play the game and forfeit.

Close game or not we beat them with Gus at QB. I don't see why this should be any different. We both have the chances to win

I just like this game because it is sort of a preview for the superbowl. Miami has no excuses this year......well save for the young secondary.:dolphins: Man i can't get those freakin 50 yard touchdown passes out of my head!

Worried? About Dante's knee? No way! Worried about losing the game? Its preseason. Doesn't mean a thing. Excited to watch our boys play? You betcha!

I think tonight's game will tell us a lot about our team. We are goin to see the starters for quite a while and we are facing the NFLs best team IMO. Assuming Steve Smith plays, we will get to see how our secondary will do against the league's best WR as well. (Does any one know if Smith is playing?) Our first team defense has done a real good job so far, and tonight is the real test. Another unit I am looking at tonight is the offensive line. They looked pretty bad last week and now are going up against the best front line in football. Let's hope Daunte is sacked 1 or fewer times. Should be a great game and I am excited to get my first look at our brand new 2006 Miami Dolphins! GO FINS!!!

As Dolphin Devil would say...

... WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

BLITZKRIEG said:
We know how good Carolina is, and they know how good we are....

This is one of the most disruptive defensive units in the entire league, and depending on who's in the Panthers starting rotation, it will be one heck of a challenge to keep them off of Culpepper tonight. Much like it was a week ago in Tampa Bay, this game could start slow for our offense....

I'd certainly like to see our OL control the LOS more than they have been, and give Culpepper more time to find a WR, but when facing a unit as strong as the Panthers, it wont be easy. Culpepper will have to adjust to the pressure, and find a way to get around it. He's certainly got the weapons to counter a strong pass rush. Let's hope he uses them wisely....

The Panthers offense is also a very balanced unit. There's a reason this team is expected to win the Super Bowl this year, and with the state of our secondary, we could be in for a painful start to this game on defense. It all really comes down to getting in Delhomme's face, and getting consistant pressure on him. If we can do that, we can counter their passing attack, and keep them off balance as a result...

This is a tough game to call really, but I think if everyone shows up to play, we can give the Panthers a strong showing, and even win tonight. We beat them a year ago during the regular season didn't we??....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Oh yeah. I was there while they had a hurricane evacuation in my hometown of Houston. I remember friends calling me asking if I was OK and I said, "I'm in Miami, I'm more than OK!"

Our OL was very impressive that game. Carey and McDougle handled Peppers all game and the rest of our OL did well paving the way for Ronnie's 1st 100 yd and 150 yd game and his 1st TD.

Chambers had that unbelievable TD one on one against Chris Gamble, McMike caught a strike from Gus for a TD and the game-saver was Schulters faking a blitz and dropping into coverage to INT Delhomme to lead our drive for the game-winning EDIT:FG.

It was my best vacation and I had a smile I couldn't get off my face the whole ride back to Miami Beach after the game! It was great...my second time to Miami and a Phins' game. In early 2002 we pounded the Bills for over 30 points and held them to like 6 points. The Phins are 2-0 with me in attendance and I will be in attendance here in Houston when the Phins come to town and you can bet we'll be 3-0 with me at a Phins game! I hate the city of Houston and the Texans!

Worried about the Carolina game? Not at all...

Worried .... No, we shouldn't be ... if'n its in the cards for Culpepper to re-injure his knee, then there isn't much we can do ....

He has to play against tough competition under game circumstances with the 1st offense .... practice isn't good enough ... do we think 2 weeks from now, he won't be just as likely ???

We don't want him to get hurt ... but there isn't much to do about it

Back
Top Bottom