Anyword on Brightful? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyword on Brightful?

Phinsdude

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Anybody have any info on Brightful. I am a big fan of him, and would hate to see him go down. Anyone with any details, will help.

I was kind of curious...

from the time you watched him as a raven...

did he watch punts bounce in front of him and role down the field...?

just wondering...

Phinsdude said:
Anybody have any info on Brightful. I am a big fan of him, and would hate to see him go down. Anyone with any details, will help.
Yeah, I have a word on him. He is scared to even go near a punt. Sure, he let the ones go that were inside the 10 (as he is supposed to do) but he didn't even attempt to return ANY punt that I recall.

He did look decent on kickoff returns though.

Lungoystr said:
Yeah, I have a word on him. He is scared to even go near a punt. Sure, he let the ones go that were inside the 10 (as he is supposed to do) but he didn't even attempt to return ANY punt that I recall.

Who else can return punts than? Will Poole? Sam Simmons?

Ok, Aaron Elling isn't a punter, he is a Place Kicker, if you saw the Spin and wobble on his punts, you wound't want to mess with those. He could have, and then either muffed of fumbled a punt, and you would be asking me, did he have a fumbling problem last year. All I know is that he had the longest Kick or Punt return against the Dolphins last year, of over 70 yards. He was third in the AFC in returing behind Dante Hall and Bethel Johnson.

Lungoystr said:

What are you talking about. He returned two, fair caught one, and another sailed out of bounds. The one that was downed at the two, he made the right play by letting it go. Only mistake he made was letting the one bounce in front of him, and that was only cause they had a crappy kicker punting and it was a knuckler.

DolFan31 said:
Who else can return punts than? Will Poole? Sam Simmons?

Is Simmons still on the roster? I know he made the 53 man roster but I thought he got cut during the week.

We don't really have that many options at punt returner, but Brightful is pretty much only good for kickoff returns. Maybe Poole or Minor could be the PR but I don't see many options besides those two. I'm not even sure if Minor is an option at PR at all.

iceblizzard69 said:
Is Simmons still on the roster? I know he made the 53 man roster but I thought he got cut during the week.

We don't really have that many options at punt returner, but Brightful is pretty much only good for kickoff returns. Maybe Poole or Minor could be the PR but I don't see many options besides those two. I'm not even sure if Minor is an option at PR at all.
Simmons is gone. Poole is the backup PR, and after that I think theyd go with Gilmore.

iceblizzard69 said:

Thats what I was wondering, if Simmons is even on the roster.

But, if Brightful doesnt show us anything at PR by next week, we'll have to look around and see whats availible on our team. Either Minor or Poole, maybe Howard or Bryan Gilmore maybe?

Back
Top Bottom