AP article on Joey Harrington | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AP article on Joey Harrington

Swerve

Scout Team
Reaction score
This article is smack dab in the middle of the Sun Sentinel/Dolphins page, so I can't believe no one else has said anything about it yet.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-joeyap081506,0,3630066.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

First, I just thought it was very well-written story... But, secondly, how can you not like Harrington's attuitude here? He doesn't sound like damaged goods to me.

(Hell, he might be damaged goods -- I guess that remains to be seen. But he sure doesn't sound like it!)

Good Read thanks for posting it.. I really hope he does well here, maybe well enough that we can get a 2nd rounder for him later on. :wink:

Pretty good read. I think Joey is just ecstatic to be out of that pathetic organization and on to somewhere that they are actually building something. 18-37 record with 3 coaches in 4 years is all the proof you need. Here he will have stability, which is all most players want to begin with.

Baxter said:
Good Read thanks for posting it.. I really hope he does well here, maybe well enough that we can get a 2nd rounder for him later on. :wink:

yessir...I think this has been Sabans hope all along. Joey gaining value and Cleo able to be a "two". Have a team lose a one and two by mid October and who knows??

``We were impressed with his leadership, his arm talent,'' Saban said. ``I'm pleased with the progress that he's made, the confidence that he's starting to develop in this system.''

A quote from Saban, and not one word about how disappointed he is Joey wasn't perfect in his first preseason game with mostly the second team, go figure!!! Nope just a little love from the head honcho himself. I guess Sabans happy with him and after all isn't that all that matters?? Some armchair QB's here think they know it it all he's a Dolphins because he can play (fact).

ive been overly impressed with joey. His atitude has been stellar. He seems like a huge burden has been lifted from his schoulder he answers reporters directly now insteads of the eye rolling im afraid to look at the camera thing he did in detriot. If you dont know what i mean just remember a.j feeleys press confernces lol. I am hoping for joey to be unbelievable this year then when can trade him for a 3 or 4th round pick

I thought he played well although his ball handling needs improvement.
Maybe he had a little happy feet after he was sacked.

BTW Here is a gif of Harringtons TD to Mc Mike.

I disagree with those who thought Lemon outplayed Harrington.Most of Cleos passes were short and he did not complete one long pass.He did show poise and mobility........maybe too much because the OL didnt get a chance to protect him.I am just glad we seem to have two quality backup QBs.

Here is another Harrington pass to Mc Mike who has become his favorite receiver.

Awesome, CT! Thank you for posting those. I only got to listen to the game. So any clips I get are like cherries on my iced-cream sunday. :up:

/me is the master of stupid analogies.

:blitphin:

Liked the article.I think Joey's attitude will help him reach his potential and i am not sold on the idea of him as being here only for trade bait.

sleek said:
Liked the article.I think Joey's attitude will help him reach his potential and i am not sold on the idea of him as being here only for trade bait.

I am with you on this. Remember he was a #3 pick, I have to think there is
some talent there. I am hoping that he can play really well, and that we will have the luxury of a starting-quality OB backing up Culpepper. I would think the Dolphins would want to keep him around.

I liked seeing Joey's enthusiasm after he threw a TD against Jax. I think we have two decent to above average backups in case DC is not ready to start,,,,the QB position is at the best it's been since Dan retired.

CrunchTime said:
I disagree with those who thought Lemon outplayed Harrington.Most of Cleos passes were short and he did not complete one long pass.He did show poise and mobility........maybe too much because the OL didnt get a chance to protect him.I am just glad we seem to have two quality backup QBs.

I am with you on that one. After I watched the game I came in here and was baffled by all the praise on Lemon. After watching the game, I was expecting to come in here and read all the negatives around Lemon's play.

Back
Top Bottom