AP: Dolphins talking playoffs | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AP: Dolphins talking playoffs

On a 90-degree day, Philbin was already on the hot seat, and Ross was asked if the coach must make the playoffs to keep his job.

"I'm not going to say here he has to, because I can understand what the headlines would be," Ross said. "I like Joe Philbin very much. I'm expecting Joe Philbin to be here a long time. But every year you want to see improvement."

Ross did not have to say this. It was definitely a message for Philbin. Saying, "I like you, I hope you stay with us, buuuuuut, you better be putting out a winner."

On a 90-degree day, Philbin was already on the hot seat, and Ross was asked if the coach must make the playoffs to keep his job.

"I'm not going to say here he has to, because I can understand what the headlines would be," Ross said. "I like Joe Philbin very much. I'm expecting Joe Philbin to be here a long time. But every year you want to see improvement."

Ross did not have to say this. It was definitely a message for Philbin. Saying, "I like you, I hope you stay with us, buuuuuut, you better be putting out a winner."

I'm sure Philbin understands this better than anybody, thats why he was adamant about trading for Albert and ultimately why Philbin and Ireland didn't get along. Ireland assumed the extension meant he was safe and willing to take a gamble on Martin and a few of the other young players.

Let's talk playoffs when the team actually makes it. No Dolphins team since 2002 had as easy of a shot to make the playoffs, and we blew it in trademark fashion. This team won't make the playoffs this year because they won't get a better chance to do so than last year and their regime doesn't know how to win games consistently.

At the risk of this sounding like troll bait, I think if the Jets can crow about playoffs then we have every right to do the same. Everyone needs goals.

Let's talk playoffs when the team actually makes it. No Dolphins team since 2002 had as easy of a shot to make the playoffs, and we blew it in trademark fashion. This team won't make the playoffs this year because they won't get a better chance to do so than last year and their regime doesn't know how to win games consistently.

Everybody says the same thing I don't know why you have to get your panties in a bunch.

Back
Top Bottom