Aquavision: Shula praises Chad Pennington! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Aquavision: Shula praises Chad Pennington!

rickyfan85

Rookie
Reaction score
Here it is fellas, www.miamidolphins.com click on the Don Shula Interview. He's had some great things to say, unlike alot of people, about our Franchise QB Chad Pennington. Enjoy.

Did i mention he talks about his arm strength? Make yourselves known Penny haters we got Shula on our side now. :-)

honestly i didn't need shula to sign off on this guy to know he was the best acquisition of the offseason...but i love hearing shula echo what every fan should be ecstatic over.

Did i mention he talks about his arm strength? Make yourselves known Penny haters we got Shula on our side now. :-)

He doesn't even mention his arm strength. He talks about him being a winner and a leader.

He doesn't even mention his arm strength. He talks about him being a winner and a leader.

That was my mistake, he doesnt talk about the arm strength in the "Don Shula Interview."

He talks about it in "Fins TV - November 11" starting at the 4:04 mark.

honestly i didn't need shula to sign off on this guy to know he was the best acquisition of the offseason...but i love hearing shula echo what every fan should be ecstatic over.

Your absolutely right. People that actually watch the games dont need Shula to remind them how great Pennington is.

But this thread is for the people who dont have a clue about how the NFL works. They need somone like Shula to tell them because they cant figure it out for themselves.

Your absolutely right. People that actually watch the games dont need Shula to remind them how great Pennington is.

But this thread is for the people who dont have a clue about how the NFL works. They need somone like Shula to tell them because they cant figure it out for themselves.

Well talk about condescending "fans."

I like CP, am glad we (long-standing Fins fans, that is) have him, appreciate what he does, BUT he is what he is in terms of arm-strength and darn well better make up for it in terms of leadership, smarts, and minimization of mistakes.

Talking about "clues," I'm just wondering if it's merely coincidence that someone with a CP avatar and a sig conjuring up painful memories, had joined FH, in August, just about the same time Chad was signed
...... something, say, as coincidental as an influx of new fans in April 07 after John Beck was drafted out of BYU who're now more or less (regretably for a number of reasons) largely invisible.

Can't help but wonder if behind this lecture to us less-aware-of-how-the NFL-works fans, there might be some sort of Pennyhomer hidden agenda.

Hmmmmm ya think?

I like CP, am glad we (long-standing Fins fans, that is) have him, appreciate what he does, BUT he is what he is in terms of arm-strength and darn well better make up for it in terms of leadership, smarts, and minimization of mistakes.

Talking about "clues," I'm just wondering if it's merely coincidence that someone with a CP avatar and a sig conjuring up painful memories, had joined FH, in August, just about the same time Chad was signed
...... something, say, as coincidental as an influx of new fans in April 07 after John Beck was drafted out of BYU who're now more or less (regretably for a number of reasons) largely invisible.

Can't help but wonder if behind this lecture to us less-aware-of-how-the NFL-works fans, there might be some sort of Pennyhomer hidden agenda.

Hmmmmm ya think?

I don't believe in coincidences. Me thinks you may be on to something!!

Not in that video he didn't, but in this article he did mention Pennington's arm strength:

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_football_dolphins/2008/11/shulas-enjoying.html

"The Dolphins are headed back in the right direction now. They're definitely on the right track,'' Shula said. I like Chad Pennington a lot. He knows a lot about the game and he's a winner. He makes plays. You talk about his arm strength but the first play of the game he threw a bomb to Ted Ginn (in the Buffalo game) to the other side of the field. Didn't look like he lacked any arm strength.Of course on a fleaflicker this past week he let that go for a long distance, too. This guy knows how to run a football team....."

GO PHINS~!

Pennington was the best pick up for miami this year but lets not kid ourselves about arm strength. That bomb to ted ginn was not about arm strength because every QB in the nfl can throw that far its about the zip he puts on the ball thats why in obvious passing downs(3&7 or longer) were something like 3 FOR 35! Without Pennington we wouldnt be half the team we are right now though.

Hmmmmm ya think?

HAHAHAHA! Alright buddy thats some clever investigative work, but i promise you i'm not an undercover homer. I was a big CP fan even when he was in Marshall. I've been watching dolphins football since 1996 when JJ took over. I used to have a Kareem Abdul Jabaar Reversable Jersey.

But your right about the Agenda part. I do have an agenda, and its silencing all of those morons that think an unproven rookie, no matter how good he is, should get the starting nod over Penny.

I Joined in August but i've been a reader of finheaven for a long time. Yes, even before the abnormally long website crash.

And as far as the sig pic, i'm sorry if it offends you but i'm a fan of Ricky Williams the person, and also i enjoy marijuana, so if it were legalized then we would have never had that league suspension problem. He smoked pot the whole time he was here even during his franchise record season of 1800 plus yards. Obviously it didint slow him down.

And yeah i know about the influx in 07. The mormans were here until the end of training camp when Penny showed. Now they are gone but i'm here to stay baby. Hell i live in Oklahoma man i've never even met Chad Pennington, but after hearing all the crap he's been getting around here i'd like to shake his hand and tell him what a great guy i think he is for not punching anyone in the face.

Pennington was the best pick up for miami this year but lets not kid ourselves about arm strength. That bomb to ted ginn was not about arm strength because every QB in the nfl can throw that far its about the zip he puts on the ball thats why in obvious passing downs(3&7 or longer) were something like 3 FOR 35! Without Pennington we wouldnt be half the team we are right now though.

Here we go again.....Dude a ball could fly 10000000 miles per hour but if its inaccurate then whats the point?

That flea flicker pass he threw was not a dead duck in the sky, it had velocity and the perfect amount of touch. Not to mention pin point accuracy.

Back
Top Bottom