Are Dolphins fans the most foul mouthed in the NFL? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are Dolphins fans the most foul mouthed in the NFL?

Daytona Fin

Queeks Draw
Club Member
Reaction score
I was reading Jerry Greene's cheap seats column in the Orlando Sentinel this morning. He mentioned there was study done on Reddit (I know nothing about that site) on fans of teams and their foul language. Apparently Dolfans cussed 3rd most of all sports teams and were tops in the NFL. Who would've thought it. It's probably a small sampling though.

It was on SI's website also.

On Thursday, fans were introduced to a whole new set of "fancy stats" by Reddit user Niehaus, who mined subreddits of 216 professional sports teams for their word usage and determined which fans curse more often than others.

The result was possibly the least surprising news the internet has ever had: Boston Bruins fans swear at a rate of just over 1.6% per word, higher than any other pro sports team supporters. The NHL's next biggest group of potty-mouths belong to New York Rangers fans,at a rate of about 1.35%. In fact, five of the top-ten profanity-laced subreddits were NHL-based (Flyers, Blackhawks and Blues fans came in at No. 6 through 8).

Anybody who doubts the authenticity of the results can look to this article to see Boston's fine history with the art of the swear word.

http://www.si.com/sports/nhl/2014/09/05/reddit-sports-fans-swearing-boston-bruins

http://imgur.com/a/ILHOi

clear.gif

Daymn, I would have pegged the Eagles fans as the most foul mouthed. I mean booing Santa Claus?

This is all my fault. I am a Dolphins fan and a Bruins fan and a swear like a sailor. I'm from Mass too so I have no hope with it either.

Sorry guys

Jon Martin is a big ****ing snake that ruined the season last year.

:lol: I love how far ahead hockey fans are though. Sounds right.

What stupid **** sits there and counts someone's ****ing swear words?

I understand why because I feel like cussing just thinking about Jet fans....But there is NO way, The Jets are not the list that is a bunch of B**LS**T.

What's a non american swear word? What does that even mean? That list actually breaks the words down as well. This ****in world is really ****ed up. They should make a list of how bad nfl fans suck tom Brady's dick.

What kind of ****ing **** is this bull****?

Back
Top Bottom