Are Dolphins' Ireland and Sparano safe? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are Dolphins' Ireland and Sparano safe?

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
It's a question people are dropping their voices to ask, like a secret, the sound of water rumbling through a large pipe:

Is Tony Sparano coaching for his job?

Understand Dolphins owner Steve Ross has no track record in this area. None. Beyond that, it's the wrong question around this team.

The primary issue again with the Dolphins as they try to become relevant isn't coaching the players properly. It's beyond that. It's getting the proper players to coach.

So Jon Gruden or Bill Cowher can't, won't and shouldn't be trumpeted as some tonic to usher this team into contention. They might put a celebrity-sized sparkle in Ross' eye.

Text alerts: Get Miami Dolphins news on your phone

But can they turn Chad Henne into Joe Flacco, like water into wine?

That's not coaching. It's selecting. It's prioritizing. It's strategizing. It's also having some luck, when it gets down to it

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...hins-1219-20101218,0,6003969.column?track=rss

I don't wanna say Tony is coaching for his job right now, but 3 losses in a row makes the seat real uncomfortable. I think the pending lockout has a say in this as well . . . and truth is, the record hasn't been bad and the improvement on defense has been fantastic.

Put it like this, Ross will give Ireland and Sparano atleast this offseason and going into next season a chance to show improvement, specifically on offense. If this team is waddling after 8 games next year, the trigger finger on Ross could get real itchy sooner than later. But barring an absolute meltdown these next 3 games, I think everybody is safe for another year. Henning won't be back.

I might be in the minority here but I really like what Sparano is doing down here, and I really do believe he will be back next year.

Even Omar Kelly, who is pretty much just as critical as some of the more critical posters here, really likes Tony Sparano & the job he has done here. And regardless of your opinion of Omar he does have access to the locker room and etc, so I'm more inclined to put a little more weight into his words rather than Dolphan X on the internet.

pic semi related
sparanohairbp-1.jpg

When I see TS coach, I see Wanny.

Tell me what is the difference?

things could have been real bad in miami after the whole penny,henne situation. this team could have tanked like minnesota, dallas, houston, tennessee, denver or cincy.

i give sparano credit for holding this team together so far. lets see how he finishes up the season before we pass our final judgment. it better not turn out like last year or hes got to go.

things could have been real bad in miami after the whole penny,henne situation. this team could have tanked like minnesota, dallas, houston, tennessee, denver or cincy.

i give sparano credit for holding this team together so far. lets see how he finishes up the season before we pass our final judgment. it better not turn out like last year or hes got to go.

How did he hold the team together?

Oh I see....same way he held the team together the last five games of last season.

Oh I see....same way he held the team together the last five games of last season.

No matter what people think outside of the locker room... the players LIKE him.. a play hard for him.. They not play well mind you...

by holding it together, i mean we didnt become total failures , like the teams i listed. they all had really high expectations but will be in the bottom of the barrel. we could have easily fell into this group but maintained and now have a shot at salvaging the season and have a decent year. the players didnt give up and i credit that to sparano and nobody else.

i think you mean the last 3 games of last season. we won 2 then lost the last 3

[url
The primary issue again with the Dolphins as they try to become relevant isn't coaching the players properly. It's beyond that. It's getting the proper players to coach.[/url]

When I saw this quote I thought that is the difference between Don Shula and every other coach we have had here. With Shula he understood the talent he had and adjusted his system to the style of play that would maximize the talent on the team.

All the other coaches try to implement the system they are in love with. Unfortunately, that usually takes 5 years before getting all the talent (if lucky) in place for the system to work. In today's game, coaches are long gone before they get the talent.

JJ was the classic example. He tried to mold Miami into Dallas. Marino was every bit as good as Aikman, but we didn't have an Emmit or Michael Irvin (well, we may have had a player or two smoking crack, but not as talented at WR). Doesn't work. A coach that is not able to mold his system to fit the talent in today's game is not coach for long. Another classic example imo is how Henning/Sparano are trying to make Henne into Pennington. Dumb, dumb, dumb...

No matter what people think outside of the locker room... the players LIKE him.. a play hard for him.. They not play well mind you...
Tell me how much Wake liked him last season?
Oh, Marshall sure love him now!
Henne for sure...he got rest and watched Pen played and knows he got total support when TS face the press and only blamed the coaching.

C'mon, get real!!!!
The players still play only because they are getting a pay check and being a professional.

Promote Nolan to HC. Nolan has balls. Tony won't regain his and will remain ultra conservative and afraid to take chances to score TDs.
Pay big bucks for OC and redo the complete offensive staff.
Defensive staff is ok.
Ireland gets one more year but force him to draft a playmaker or QB in round 1.

When I see TS coach, I see Wanny.

Tell me what is the difference?
TS isn't a pansy and actually knows how to motivate his players instead of surviving on what he was given?

Back
Top Bottom