Are fights common? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are fights common?

Dolphins54

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Guys~

Being from California, I have never been able to attend a training camp session. I have read a few reports about a few fights that almost materialized during the evening session last night. Is this common practice? There's a part of me that gets scared that Roth might be involved. I read a report that back in Iowa, they would have to sit him during practice because of fear that he might injure someone on the offense. Does he look under control?
clear.gif

I hear about fights in New York Giants camp every year, i dont know why. But i'm sure with the heat, and the frustration of knowing guys could be stealing your job or outplaying you, i guess fights could be common. I've been with my dad to the Eagles training camp in Lehigh, and i didn't see any fights there. I sort of like that report on Roth, i'd like a DE with a little tenacity.

tends to happen from time to time....

Common and not preoccupying

Guys who often don't know each other
+
Have them bang on each other twice a day for six weeks in stifling heat
+
Pressure to win (or hold onto) six-figure job
=
Fights

'twill all be forgotten when the final 53-man roster is set, unless you go Romo and break a dude's face.

I like a DE who makes plays, gets to the quarterback, sacks, tackles behind the line of scrimmmage. I don't care about what kinda crazy look they have on their face or what their tattoos look like. This hype with Roth reminds me of the hype surrounding Tony Mandarich from Michigan State...and he ended up being just average.

Small fights in training camp are pretty common throughout the NFL, but you normally see them more towards the end of camp when guys are tired of being there having to bang heads with the same people every day.

pretty common I can't remember a practice where emotions didn't get the best of people

Thanks for the last reply, I appreciate it. But I really am sickened by the videos that you posted. Dont the bills have a message board that you can show that sh^t?

Dolphins54 said:
Thanks for the last reply, I appreciate it. But I really am sickened by the videos that you posted. Dont the bills have a message board that you can show that sh^t?
He has the right to post here just like you have the right to post on a Bills board if you so choose. I do so return him the favor

Back
Top Bottom