Are Hadnot and Shelton gonna stay as 2nd stringers? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are Hadnot and Shelton gonna stay as 2nd stringers?

Conuficus

The look on Tom Brady's face: Pricless
Reaction score
The reason I ask this is because after to day we only have 10 days until our first preseason game. I know the game is one th 11th but seeing as we will not actually be in any practice other than a walk through I say 10 days.

I digress..........we are still using Mormino and Alabi as starters. How much longer do we see this as an 'experiment'? Or, do we as fans start to look at the possibility of these 2 players starting for us. Because after tomorrow or the next day, if this continues we have built up too much chemistry with this unit to start over 8 days before our first preseason game. Unless hadnot and Shelton are playing with the first team tomorrow or the next day I will start to refer to Alabi and Mormino as the right side of the line.

Do you guys think I'm crazy or do you think my personal deadline of the next two days is reasonable to start making predictions regarding starters for the first game. We have to name a starting unit right?

I think you're crazy (no offense intended).

The game you should concern yourself with is week 1 of the regular season...not week 1 of the pre-season. Not that they will wait till that date to get the line set, playing together and building chemistry. but with as much figuring out as they have to do with this line...assuming much of anything is set in stone prior to the 3rd pre-season game is probably a mistake

So i'm crazy........:goof:

I just mean typically the first preseason game the o-line plays together for a while longer than the starting QB to give the 2nd string QB a look with the first o-line and etc. To have that much uncertainty about our o-line when we as fans can see that the constant chopping and changing have lead to some early difficulties makes me worried. I would have to believe in the next 2 days they are gonna start to put people in place to have their projected starting lineup for week 1 in the preseason. These game as trivial as they may be to some are amazingly important.

I think well have our starters set by the 3rd preseason game and unless they do horrible there wont be any changes

I see the line as follows:
Carey, Liwenski (until Mormino beats him out),Satele, Hadnot, and Alibi

The guard positions and RT seem to be the wild cards.

However, doesn't this sound best? I know it's not that simple, but still.

Carey, Shelton, Satele, Hadnot, Alibi

I dont think they are on the 2nd string team because they are 2nd string players.

I think it is to put a veteran presence with both groups.

And it can be a toss up between which group goes where. The left side with the 1st team or the right side. You could argue that Hadnot next to Samson would be a good thing but you could also argue that you want Vernon gettin the reps with the 1st string Defense.

If they keep doing this, and Alabi gets into the swing of things.... this could be a great oppurtunity for him.

i dont think ur crazy at all. mormino, alibi? why not. but i think hadnot goes in the right mormino goes left. shelton has proved to be a slug. if alibi outperforms shelton he deserves it. if mormino outperforms lewinski than so be it.

Mormino and Alabi starting on the right side. I like it. I'd rather fail trying something new than doing the same old crap.

I think Shelton's the more likely to be assured a 1st string position.

Hadnot ranked 15th at Right Guard, 2 years ago. He is an average starter. Below average mobility, but he's strong and makes a good push. They say Hadnot came into camp a little out-of-shape.

IF Mormino can beat him out for a job, then Mormino's gotta be pretty good. Indications on Mormino so far are positive.

On Alabi... he is described as slow... and still looks like he's rehabbing. I'm not expecting much out of Alabi. The sleeper at Right Tackle is Mike Rosenthal. The guy is BIG and experienced. However, he's been injured until now, and hasn't played much. It's hard to challenge for a spot when you don't participate. I've still got some hopes for Rosenthal though.

If neither Alabi nor Rosenthal work out... maybe you see a switch for Tala Esera to Backup Right Tackle or some other unexpected move.
Shelton is a bigger concern than Hadnot, but there is more competition at Guard than Tackle.

Some folks I see posting about Hadont losing his starting job already. That is definitely jumping early to conclusions based on him getting duty with the second team.

It will be seen in other teams' camps as well returning starters getting 2nd string duty. This is intended for 2nd and sometimes 3rd stringers to play vs 1st stringers in camp to get sense of how they may match up. Nice to size this up if god forbid the starter goes down in camp or preseason early and a 2nd stringer may be only the option if a vet can be had to replace the one that went down.

The starting roster should mesh between week 3 and 4 of preseason. We got new blood on the line and Rex won't be a starter forever but he SHOULD going into week one.

Hadnot ranked 15th at Right Guard, 2 years ago. He is an average starter. Below average mobility, but he's strong and makes a good push. They say Hadnot came into camp a little out-of-shape.

IF Mormino can beat him out for a job, then Mormino's gotta be pretty good. Indications on Mormino so far are positive.

On Alabi... he is described as slow... and still looks like he's rehabbing. I'm not expecting much out of Alabi. The sleeper at Right Tackle is Mike Rosenthal. The guy is BIG and experienced. However, he's been injured until now, and hasn't played much. It's hard to challenge for a spot when you don't participate. I've still got some hopes for Rosenthal though.

If neither Alabi nor Rosenthal work out... maybe you see a switch for Tala Esera to Backup Right Tackle or some other unexpected move.
Shelton is a bigger concern than Hadnot, but there is more competition at Guard than Tackle.

Mormino starting would be awesome and a testament to smart drafting. Not likely though. I thought of him as first as more of a project. But of course way too early to call this one. Agreed that Shelton is a concern. He has a few supporters on this board but, he left a lot to be desired from what I saw last year.

Back
Top Bottom