Are no touch practices to blame for our sloppy tackling? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are no touch practices to blame for our sloppy tackling?

PhinsPhan

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The no touch practices are probably a very good reason that we have so few injuries. It is also probably going to help us have fresh legs late in the season. But are they also to blame for our piss poor tackling attempts. Just for comparison (not coach) under Wanny our defense was flying and flocking towards the ball and we were always solid at tackling. It was what the Dolphins were known for. Swarming to the ball and tackling. But I have noticed very poor tackling, especially in the last 2 games.

no , I think that our woes stem from our defense being over paid plus they havent had their ***** chewed out big time yet . the troops need a shakedown so the guys will get it together, but we will get this cleaned up .

The Patriots run minimum contact practices as well, I think their tackling is just fine.

Actually, we weren't that good at tackling under Wanny either, we always tried arm tackles and such and it hurt us.

No, they look like the are loosing their focus and not blowing thru the runner the way they are coached to. Purely lack of concentration is my take on it...

They just aren't using good mechanics. trying to knock ball carriers over with their momentum. not wrapping. just trying to get the highlight hit, and its costing them. Daniels tried to hit hilliard on one play, only to see hilliard bounce off and get the 1st down. stuff like that.

They have a big time problem with there tackling. I noticed so many times that instead of wrapping the palyer up they just try to knock him down and the player goes right over him for more yardage. They have to work on a better technique.

We'll never know. It isn't obvious to anyone, especially not to any Dolfans on this site. You have to assume the coaching staff knows what they're doing.

ROSCO P.C. JR said:
no , I think that our woes stem from our defense being over paid plus they havent had their ***** chewed out big time yet . the troops need a shakedown so the guys will get it together, but we will get this cleaned up .

Overpaid doesn't make them bad players? And I'm sure Saban has chewed them out, he doesn't strike me a the "nice guy" coach.

i would consider that, but many of the missed tackles that hurt us were because our guys were caught out of position.

i hope saban didnt teach our d to tackle with elbows. it was rediculous out there today. i cant remember how many times i saw players using their elbow trying to knock people down today.

Back
Top Bottom