Are people forgetting that Ogun is a BIG risk too? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are people forgetting that Ogun is a BIG risk too?

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I hear people saying that Spielman is taking a big gamble by trading Wale for a receiver coming off a down year and a third round pick.. but are they forgetting why we got Ogunleye in the first place?

He had a MAJOR injury in college.. Teams didnt draft him because they didnt think he could recover.. He did, we benefitted.. BUT this injury could re-aggravate again and it probably will..

Chicago is taking both an injury risk AND a production risk in trading for Ogun because it is as of yet undetermined how much having Taylor on the opposite side help him out.. PLUS, they gave up their star receiver (a FAN FAVE at that..) and a 3rd round pick, that if you go by the whining from these boards should be just as valuable as a1st round pick (Seeins as how everyone complains everytime a 3rd, 4th, or 5th is traded for anything that may possibly help the team)

So, question is, if the shoe were on the other foot, would the fans complaining now still be complaining? Most likely...

(EDIT: Jeez I really butchered this post lol..)

I agree. Ogun was/is a good, solid player. But not IMO a game-changer and not worth the $$$. Alot of his sacks were coverage sacks. I say C-YA! We'll move on.

with the amoutn of money chicago is paying Ogun. I agree he is a risk. He will have to produce big time to be worth it. I do not expect him to have a year like he had im Miami. He is almost guaranteed to be double teamed all year.

I agree - I think he is OVER RATED!

Ogun may turn out to be good but he is not there yet...Miami made the right decision in not signing him...I thought they should have tried to trade him earlier just to prevent the controversy...I thought his play was boosted by others around him and that he never seemed animalistic enough...Like a pitbull whose lunch was stolen out from under him...But he came to us cheap and played cheap and moved on for a Mcduffie-esque like receiver and a third rounder...So in my opinion cudos to the Phins management on this one...

I agree 100%. We gave up somewhat of an unknown for a proven guy, and we just got a LOT more flexible in terms of the cap space we'll have to improve the offense in the future. Wally's $5 million roster bonus in 2005 ALONE would've prevented us from getting Edge or a top-notch O lineman in free agency next year.

Back
Top Bottom