Are Phibins Hands Tied ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are Phibins Hands Tied ?

cuzinvinny

Active Roster
Reaction score
" Dolphins General Manager Jeff Ireland, has final say in football decisions and gets to pick the groceries, as Parcells infamously put it."

Looks like Philly is sitting out of the Senior Bowl and leaving the scouting to Ireland......I don't like him sitting out....and think it better for us if he were there, actually surprised if the media reports are true and that he won't participate. If I were HC I'd be there....

There's first glitch and something I don't feel real comfortable with, which probably isn't his doing but Irelands influence of total say so for his being hired (not good IMO)...I hope Ireland is open to Coach P's diet since hes acquiring the groceries. Seems like first draw back of Philbin could be the aspect of him not participating in the acquisition dept as much as I think he should. For I have little faith in Ireland.....

Ireland is the GM and ultimately will make the player decisions, but I am sure Philbin will have a voice and Jeff will listen. Philbin isn't going to the Senior Bowl because he has more important things to address as head coach this week. He is working on putting his staff together by interviewing current coaches and potential candidates. He might not go to the Senior Bowl, but I bet he goes to the Combine with Ireland.

That is why there is film.

Ireland does make the call. That is so obvious now.

Ireland is the GM and ultimately will make the player decisions, but I am sure Philbin will have a voice and Jeff will listen. Philbin isn't going to the Senior Bowl because he has more important things to address as head coach this week. He is working on putting his staff together by interviewing current coaches and potential candidates. He might not go to the Senior Bowl, but I bet he goes to the Combine with Ireland.

Thanks for the clarification, I was thinking Combine and couldn't understand why he wouldn't insist on going. Plus I have a fear of Ireland doing his thing which I feel 75% of the time he screws up.....

Philben should choose his staff and Irelan for better or worse should handle player aquisition with some input from Philben

Thanks for the clarification, I was thinking Combine and couldn't understand why he wouldn't insist on going. Plus I have a fear of Ireland doing his thing which I feel 75% of the time he screws up.....

So in your estimation what is the 25% he got right? Everyone has to take a shot at Ireland even if they have no idea why.

So in your estimation what is the 25% he got right? Everyone has to take a shot at Ireland even if they have no idea why.

Everyone with a clue should have serious concerns with Ireland IMO....

Like the Bush, Dansby, Barnett, Wake

" Dolphins General Manager Jeff Ireland, has final say in football decisions and gets to pick the groceries, as Parcells infamously put it."

Looks like Philly is sitting out of the Senior Bowl and leaving the scouting to Ireland......I don't like him sitting out....and think it better for us if he were there, actually surprised if the media reports are true and that he won't participate. If I were HC I'd be there....

There's first glitch and something I don't feel real comfortable with, which probably isn't his doing but Irelands influence of total say so for his being hired (not good IMO)...I hope Ireland is open to Coach P's diet since hes acquiring the groceries. Seems like first draw back of Philbin could be the aspect of him not participating in the acquisition dept as much as I think he should. For I have little faith in Ireland.....

No different than where he comes from. In Green Bay McCarthy is the Coach, but Ted Thompson has final say in picking talent.

one reason I would like to see him at the senior bowl is because it's a good place to find assistant coaches. I guess he wants to assess what he's got in Miami first.

one reason I would like to see him at the senior bowl is because it's a good place to find assistant coaches. I guess he wants to assess what he's got in Miami first.

Assess what is in Miami first, doubt it. He is interesting in meeting with Bengals Secondary Coach Kevin Coyle & was meeting today with Andy Heck. No Dolphins' assitants there.

As was explained, Philbin is busy organizing a staff. Plus his family is probably checking out the area. He doesn't need to be holding Irelands hand at this point.

Assess what is in Miami first, doubt it. He is interesting in meeting with Bengals Secondary Coach Kevin Coyle & was meeting today with Andy Heck. No Dolphins' assitants there.
he is planning on interviewing all of the current staff in his first few days

"...Philbin will interview every Dolphins coach still on staff, but he is expected to look at several Packers coaches for his coordinators - including Winston Moss, Darren Perry and Mike Trgovac on defense, and quarterbacks coach Tom Clements on offense..."

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports...ntroduce-joe-philbin-as-new-head-2116620.html

Back
Top Bottom