Are Press Conferences necessary? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are Press Conferences necessary?

CsonkaClone

Miami Dolphins
Reaction score
Why is it necessary for coaches to stand up before a room full of vampires after every game and answer to them? I can't stand it! I cannot stand the media! They Suck! Why can't Saban just type up an injury report and then let each vampire send in a typed up question for him instead of giving the (expletive)'s more blood to suck? I thought for sure he was gonna snap on a couple of those morons today for sure...If they had their way they would run him out of town on the 1st train to West Virginia! Trust me when I tell you that 85% of them want to see him fail and fail big time! That's what gets them off! They thrive on failure...It's what they crave. I never saw a happier bunch than when Wanny went down in flames. They circled his a*s like a pack of vultures and loved every stinkin' minute of it while the fans were in agony!

I say no more Press conferences Saban! Screw em'! Or does the league require it from head coaches? Why can't he just hire a press secretary like the President has?

Thoughts?

It's required. It's in his contract that he'll do them after each game. He also has to have the Nick Saban show.

BALLS DEEP said:
It's required. It's in his contract that he'll do them after each game. He also has to have the Nick Saban show.

I don't have a problem with the Nick Saban show...But Damn those reporters piss me off! Sooner or later he's gonna snap on one of them and just walk the hell out.

CsonkaClone said:
Why is it necessary for coaches to stand up before a room full of vampires after every game and answer to them? I can't stand it! I cannot stand the media! They Suck! Why can't Saban just type up an injury report and then let each vampire send in a typed up question for him instead of giving the (expletive)'s more blood to suck? I thought for sure he was gonna snap on a couple of those morons today for sure...If they had their way they would run him out of town on the 1st train to West Virginia! Trust me when I tell you that 85% of them want to see him fail and fail big time! That's what gets them off! They thrive on failure...It's what they crave. I never saw a happier bunch than when Wanny went down in flames. They circled his a*s like a pack of vultures and loved every stinkin' minute of it while the fans were in agony!

I say no more Press conferences Saban! Screw em'! Or does the league require it from head coaches? Why can't he just hire a press secretary like the President has?

Thoughts?

I generally hate the press too. Good post

I do agree that a lot of media people want to see Saban fail. That's mostly because of his condescending attitude towards them. I disagree totally on your take on Wannstedt. I think he got a free pass way to long and should have driven out of town
2 years earlier than he was.

i agree. what a bunch of weasels and pseudo-intellects.

the problem is that we enjoy reading articles, so we have to stomach them

phinking said:
I do agree that a lot of media people want to see Saban fail. That's mostly because of his condescending attitude towards them. I disagree totally on your take on Wannstedt. I think he got a free pass way to long and should have driven out of town
2 years earlier than he was.

:D I'm not saying he should'nt have been driven out of town...Just not by the media. That shouldn't be their job, but maybe they did serve a valuable public service from a Wanny standpoint. But Wanny had 10 win seasons so there wasn't much they could really do to the man till he lost that last game of the year every season and by then he was half way to JJ's boat and refreshments.

Maynard said:
i agree. what a bunch of weasels and pseudo-intellects.

the problem is that we enjoy reading articles, so we have to stomach them

I just don't see why a coach should be required to make all of these public appearances before the media. What's wrong with just providing transcripts to them instead? If I were the owner I would lock em' out and send 'em a fax.

CsonkaClone said:
I just don't see why a coach should be required to make all of these public appearances before the media. What's wrong with just providing transcripts to them instead? If I were the owner I would lock em' out and send 'em a fax.

yeah i see your point, but a transcript is no different. he still would have to answer questions, unless he did a speaker phone thing. i guess he could get some questions and then answer them on paper with a fax or something. but i dont think its worth the trouble.

i think you have to accept its part of the job. people ask you stupid questions and you give them stupid answers.

i honestly think that the media really want and demand it so they can have a jim mora soundbite. this is because they are lazy and want to coach to write the story for them by gettting angry.

now le batard can repeat the same couple phrases for the rest of the year cause he's sooooo witty and smart

kastofsna120 said:
it's not necessary, but neither is playing football

Uhmmm...Dude, Football is necessary.

Also...The reason I originally thought of the question is because Saban made a remark about possibly not being there next week for the press conference. It was a sort of flippant response to another stupid question about Ricky and he was pissed and just said bacically that "anythings possible"..."It's possible that I might not be here next week for this press conference"...:D That made me wonder if he could actually stop doing them.

Back
Top Bottom