Are Ronnie's injury days behind him? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are Ronnie's injury days behind him?

cobbs321

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Ronnie was our main offense last year, no doubt. We had no true #1 to comfort Henne which caused us to rely on Ronnie a lil too much. Ronnie was getting about 20 carries a game and was also splitting with Ricky. Now that we have B Marsh, Bess, Hartline, Camarillo, and 2 undiscovered gems (Turner and Grice-Mullen) i think it will take a lil pressure off Ronnie to about 12 carries a game maybe more which means not as grueling as him having 22 carries a game. Now, it will be a problem if he gets injured again and he isn't taking as many carries as he did last year. I think by then he will be too injury prone and BPA won't like that

I doubt it. As good as he is when healthy, hes simply injury prone. I suppose its possible he goes all year healthy...even Pennington has before. I wouldnt count on it though.

If past history a predictor of future results, the future does not look good for his performance. This is not a knock on him when he is on the field, but the problem is that he he is off the field about as much as he is on it.:(

I agree with him totally. He has a less load to carry week in and week out, so there is less chance that he will get hurt with the a improving offense that doesn't rely on the run so heavily.

I don't think he runs the ball enough....his injuries were freak injuries....both the ACL and the Lisfranc injury were weird.....I wish he had the ball minimum 20 times a game.....he gets better as the game goes on and sometimes is slow to start out......

Ronnie averages 816 yards per season
with 6tds
has missed 20 games...can easily be replaced

Love the concept of "freak injuries". How can these injuries be freak injuries when he suffers them almost every year? Brown is injury prone. We absolutely cannot depend on him to be on the field for final stretch of the season.

Yes, I believe his days of missing games due to injury are done. However, there's now way to say that he won't have some freak injury from a tackle or whatever. But Ronnie is not injury prone...the circumstances he played with, made him more likely to be injured.

What I mean is that with a 20-something ranked offense, and a top 7 rushing offense...what do you think the opposing D is going to focus on more? The run of course, loading up the box, assigning the LB's to attack Ronnie or Ricky rather than focusing on TE coverage or standing in the zone. For several years we've always been lacking something in the passing game, QB or WR.

But now with Henne coming into his 2nd yr more educated and experienced, after a good 1st season with his only faults being 1st year glitches...misreading routes, not identifying hidden coverage schemes, knowing when to take a sack, throw it out of bounds, or chance it by throwing it to the WR. All things that are of no concern, he'll be so much better in all those areas, and the chancing it with the WR while under pressure he was actually good with that decision, but Ginn let him down a lot by not attacking the ball or going the extra step to catch the ball. With Brandon, that'll be the last thing he'll have to worry about, bc Brandon will attack the ball making sure he catches it, so Henne will get hit but Brandon will make sure it wasn't for no reason.

Henne, with Marshall - Bess - Hartline - Turner - Fasano (hopefully, the good version) -and R & R coming out of the backfield makes our passing offense really really good, demanding the opposing D to play pass/rush 50/50 as best they can. Last year was more like 20/80, which is why Ronnie was prone to injury, has nothing to do with the number of carries, it has to do with running into a 5 to 6 man front, & a LB zooming in on him. Those days are over, bc if they don't have guys playing the pass...Henne will pick them apart with 7-25+ yd passes to Brandon, 5-15 yd slants to Bess or Hartline, and 10 yd in/out routes to Fasano/Haynos, plus a Ronnie or Ricky for a screen. So we don't have to depend on the run nearly as much, and Ronnie & Ricky will see a lot bigger holes to run thru, & more open field running. And Marshall will lay someone out on an open field block for R & R, unlike Ginn who just got out of the way.

An elite, balanced, deadly offense is what we have...More TD's, less FG's. Can't wait to see this team. Ronnie will be ok, his injury risk has greatly depreciated with the new Offense.

He'll benefit from having Marshall on the field, but he'll be depended on more than 12 carries a game.
That's too little for a starting RB. Their not going to lessen his load on bit especially since this might be his last year here.

Keep him in a glass bubble on the sidelines. The excuses are amazing. The guy gets hurt, on the field, while playing football. He is injury, accident, what ever you want to call it prone, and it's not from being over worked. I hope if he is playing for the Dolphins this year he does stay healthy, because he is taking up a roster spot and being paid to make plays for this offense.

Ronnie is not over work. And yes the injurys that he has had are a bit odd how the happened. But cutting his workload will not help that. He needs at least 20 touches a game. When he is on the feild he is one of the top playmakers. i say we work the heck out of him and see if he can last a hole season and if not its time to start looking. He would have had some really good seasons if he had completed and of them. He was always on top before he got hurt.

Let's see if he comes back from his current injury he sustained last year. That Ankle injury (achilles?) looked pretty bad, he may have a hard time just getting over that. either way, i wouldnt offer him a contract. Watch out for Lex Hilliard this season, I liked what I saw from him last year.

Back
Top Bottom