Are Sparano and BP stubborn? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are Sparano and BP stubborn?

The number of rushing attempts continues to decline. Several games this week featured both teams with 25 or fewer rushes. That used to be a rarity. The Colts maintain their trend of rotating toward severe imbalance, only 10 rushes.

[:::]
Look at the box score, yesterday we ran 34 times and pass 21 times. Are Sparano and BP so stubborn that they are blind to the current NFL winning formular.
[...]
Henne was 21/34 with three sackes and 2 rushes for -1 yards which means we called 39 passes. Rushing attempts were 34.

This is a very balanced offense I would say. You have to consider that we led the entire game and yet our coaching staff still called more passes than rushes... Thread is pointless.

Back when Bill took over the Pats they became a passing team, passing even more then, then most " Passing teams " do now.

So this thread was made out of ignorance.

Bill trusted Drew Bledsoe more then Tony trust Henne..........that's what it comes down to.

The other thing is when Miami had to last year, they put the game in Henne's hands to win it.That info also seems lost on the OP.

I think we will be passing more in this game against Minny, Their front seven is one of the best in the league, and their secondary was so beat up going into the saints game that they had Safeties playing Corner back because they had no one else. Against the bills we ran more because their front 7 is trash and their secondary is on of the best in the league.

Since when is Buffalo's secondary any good? I keep hearing this.

Are you telling me just because of some stats their secondary is good? I suppose youre ignoring the fact that teams generally dont pile up passing yardage in games they are playing against teams who cant stop the run and in games when they LEAD by a comfortable margin. Thats why the stats look that way.

The Bills secondary ****ing blows. If Buffalo ever took some kind of serious lead on teams, they would surrender more passing yardage. Plus they played 4 games last year vs. the inept passing games of the Jests and us.

Football Outsiders ranks Buffalo as having the third best pass defense last year.

But, how many cornfed linemen can you take in the first round? Geez. I know you have to dominate in the trenches, because those guys set up playmakers to make plays in the first place. But, great playmakers can sometimes make plays on their own. You have to have some of these guys. Instead we spend an entire draft on defense and one OLman. Come on.

I actually was on the record for drafting Earl Thomas in the first round. I had him as the 2nd best defensive player in the draft behind Suh. But, I also stated McCluster should be on our radar if he was available later and I thought we were taking him when we traded down. But, no. We just had to get even more DLmen. I thought McCluster was as good if not better than Spiller and would be available at a much better value given where you could draft him at. We could sure use that kid on returns and 3rd downs.

You can only take one cornfed lineman in the 1st round if you only have one pick. So we did. Do you really need an explanation from any one of the several hundred thousand people - Miami fans or otherwise - who have two eyes, a brain and a passing interest in the Fins as to why we rebuilt our defensive line this offseason? Seriously? Given what just happened in the preseason and the first meaningful game, don't you feel inclined to give the FO a little credit for the Nolan hire, the Starks move and the acquisitions of Dansby, Odrick, Misi, Dobbins, Johnson for the DL?

The fact is Henne has to start showing that he's being constrained by the playcalling and the offensive personnel available to him before we have any kind of playmaker shortage on the offensive side of the ball. Yes, we've had more drops than you'd want, but it's not like Henne is on fire and the offense is lagging. We need to get Chad firing and he has plenty of tools in Marshall, Bess, Fasano and Hartline to move the chains with the passing game. He needs to connect with them first before we declare this offence useless.

Defence was absolutely the right priority. If we hadn't bought Marshall, I'd see your point to some degree, but we massivley upgraded our WR corps with him. The next problem is getting Henne to connect with him.

They played ball control offense against the best secondary in the league, with swirling winds. ***** if they try to run it on the Vikings incredible front 7 rather than exploit their hurt, weak secondary in a dome...

Since when is Buffalo's secondary any good? I keep hearing this.

Are you telling me just because of some stats their secondary is good? I suppose youre ignoring the fact that teams generally dont pile up passing yardage in games they are playing against teams who cant stop the run and in games when they LEAD by a comfortable margin. Thats why the stats look that way.

The Bills secondary ****ing blows. If Buffalo ever took some kind of serious lead on teams, they would surrender more passing yardage. Plus they played 4 games last year vs. the inept passing games of the Jests and us.

Come on WV you're better than this. The Bills blow but you you have to give credit where credit is due. There secondary being so good has nothing to do with how many passing yards they do or dont allow. They were top 3 in completion percentage, average yards an attempt, INT's, and passer rating. Being able to be run on doesn't change those stats. They did find a way to shut down Brees, Schaub, and Brady once. They have a legit secondary. Either way, **** buffalo, they suck.

We threw like 35 times, we only completed 21 passes. Silly goose.

Add the Cleveland game with a potent passing attack of 2 receptions for 23 total passing yards
and the last game of the season when Indy shut things down also adds to Buffalo's 4th leading defense against the pass last season

Look at the past superbowl winners.
NO - passing offense
Steelers - balance offense
Giants - balance offense
Colts - passing offense
Patroits - passing offense
Patriots - passing offense

Then we have a couple fluke in Bucs and Ravens between Patriots, Rams and Broncos.

The league has made the rules so one-sided toward the QB and WR, that the defenders would get a flag if they dare to breath near the QB.

YET....

BP and Sparano still flavor the pound it out, run oriented offense.
Now we have an above QB in Henne, top tier WR corp in Marshall, Hartline and Bess.
Look at the box score, yesterday we ran 34 times and pass 21 times. Are Sparano and BP so stubborn that they are blind to the current NFL winning formular.

Remember Shula, he pounded it out with Zonk and Kickk in 70s. But once he had Marino and Marks bro, he changed his coaching style to suit his personnel. That is call coaching.

I am not advocate to change us into a passing team, but we are well suit for a balance attack, instead of a run, run more run of the yesteryear.

One of the major fault of Wanny was, he stucked inside the box. He believed a strong defense and a no mistake offense can win him a superbowl. Look at his drafts, although we all knew the offense was lacking, he still drafted defense, defense and more defense.

Hopefully BP and Sparano would realize their current offensive physiology is out dated, or I don't we can not win anything big in this stage and age.

And yet 7 of the past 10 Super Bowl winners finished 11th or below in passing yardage including 17th, 21st, 22nd, 22nd, and 24th.

Maybe they know a little bit more about football than you do?

Look at the past superbowl winners.
NO - passing offense
Giants - balance offense
Colts - passing offense
Patroits - passing offense
Patriots - passing offense

Then we have a couple fluke in Bucs and Ravens between Patriots, Rams and Broncos.

The league has made the rules so one-sided toward the QB and WR, that the defenders would get a flag if they dare to breath near the QB.

YET....

BP and Sparano still flavor the pound it out, run oriented offense.
Now we have an above QB in Henne, top tier WR corp in Marshall, Hartline and Bess.

Remember Shula, he pounded it out with Zonk and Kickk in 70s. But once he had Marino and Marks bro, he changed his coaching style to suit his personnel. That is call coaching.

I am not advocate to change us into a passing team, but we are well suit for a balance attack, instead of a run, run more run of the yesteryear.

One of the major fault of Wanny was, he stucked inside the box. He believed a strong defense and a no mistake offense can win him a superbowl. Look at his drafts, although we all knew the offense was lacking, he still drafted defense, defense and more defense.

Hopefully BP and Sparano would realize their current offensive physiology is out dated, or I don't we can not win anything big in this stage and age.

The Saints were very much a balance offense. They finished 4th in passing offense and 6th in rushing offense.

The Patriots didn't become a passing offense until the 2007 season when they acquired Moss, Welker and Stallworth. Although they did pass a lot during their 2003 season because of injuries to their running backs.

We will become a more balance offense when Henne shows he has more command of the offense.

Back
Top Bottom