Are The '72 Dolphins In Trouble?... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are The '72 Dolphins In Trouble?...

Rocky Raccoon

Practice Squad
Reaction score
of having another NFL team join them in perfection? The Indianapolis Colts scare me. They now have a very good defense to go with their explosive offense, and their schedule is very easy.

Proably won't win them all, but they scare me more than anybody.

ScrepsMJ said:
of having another NFL team join them in perfection? The Indianapolis Colts scare me. They now have a very good defense to go with their explosive offense, and their schedule is very easy.

Proably won't win them all, but they scare me more than anybody.

I thought about this too. But it's hard to imagine it happening again. I think Indy's defense will come back to earth a little bit. No way they got THAT good over one off-season. They've gotten lucky so far - even against Cleveland. The luck will run out. They will drop, probably, four games.

its way to early to be scared about this remember the cheifs a few years ago going 10-0 and not going undefeated so if ts week 15 and there still undefeated then we will talk about it

3-0 and you're talking about going undefeated? Get real.

Peyton Manning actually has not played very well this season yet. Unfortunately I have him on my fantasy team and he is sucking. It seems their defense has been bailing them out of there less than "perfect" offense this season. They are still pulling out wins, but I dont think we have anything to worry about. They still have games @NE and @Cin.

NO! I think this record is one that is safe for a long time to come, given the NFL parity. Plus today's media is just killer. Put it this way - if a team in this era matches the '72 accomplishment, they deserve all the accolades they get, and they should be considered better than the '72 phins.

I would be worried about the Colts...But they still have to play these guys...In fact...I'm more worried about these guys going undefeated!...

clear.gif

Too much parity in the league nowadays. The salary cap evens all the teams out quite a bit.

What explosive offense? Peyton has more wins than TD's. Their offense is sputtering!!!
People keep talking how great their defense is but who have they played?
The Browns (10th in the league in offense, 30th in defense)
The Ravens (26th in the league in Offense, 17th in defense)
The Jagurars (15th in the league in offense, 2nd in defense)

Their D is only rated 21st in the league!!!!!! Their O is rated 21st!!! And people say they are the best team? The fact is that teams have figured out how to shut Peyton down. They just drop everyone in coverage and wait. Indy counters by running edge like crazy, But what happens when he gets injured, or tired, or worn down??? Teams will not change their D. They would rather lose by 6, than play the run and lose by 20. Don't get blinded by their "sparkling" record of 3-0. Hell we could almost be 3-0. If you want to look at a team look at cincy( 3rd in O, 13th in D), even look at us (14th on O, 10th on D).

Mark my words Indy will not go undefeated. They will make the playoffs, if edge stays healthy. If not we know what happens when you have a great QB, and no ground game; no superbowl.

THAT, my friend, is 1 record you DO NOT have to worry about..No one will ever touch that one. At least not this year..

SCall13, I beg to differ. While I do think they will lose, I don't think their defense is going to drop too hard. This good, is hard to imagine all year. But even dropping some will still leave them with a very intimadating bunch. I actually drafted their defense in my fantasy league because I knew they would be good. This good, like I said I didn't expect. But it's really not that hard to believe. With that explosive offense you always have the opponent thinking pass, cause well, at any given moment Manning can light up the sky. So they bait the other team into throwing picks, and when you're dropping back for a pass on 3 every pass, it's only a matter of time before that monster Freeney or one of the other new additions on that line gets into the backfield. They actually have a very good line this year, and their DB's are young and alert. They know with the pressure up the middle that not every ball is going to be thrown dead on, and they are just waiting for their shot. So like I said, I think the colts will lose, but that defense is no joke, and people will see it through the course of the season

hdjetta, you're getting a little too ahead of yourself. No one is shutting Peyton down. Their cordinator this year has said many times that he will be implementing the run allot more this year, especially inside the ten. Peyton was given every oppurtunity to score last year so that's why his numbers were so bloated. They have way too much talent on that offense, and Peyton is way too smart, and way too talented. Their winning, and that's what's important to him. He saw what happened last year with his 50 td's. Where did that get him? The golf course while the Pats were celebrating another title. If he was throwing 3 picks a game, and they were 0-3, then you would have an argument. You can't figure out how to stop talent, and believe me, if he wants to take over a game, no one will stop him

And by the way, you're throwing out team rankings for three games?? That's a little premature don't you think? Hell some teams have only played two games. Those rankings are going to flip flop until about week 7 or so. The bengals are for real. I will give you that one. And I think their rankings will stay somewhere in that area. But because a team plays one easy team, and then maybe a decent team, you're going to praise them for being in the top ten in either offense or defense. I don't think so

Back
Top Bottom