Are the Broncos the "New Raiders"? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are the Broncos the "New Raiders"?

fin-atic

Are you a VIP?
Club Member
Reaction score
Denver has long prided itself on the quality of their organization. I believe that the times they are a changing. The Broncos have developed a reputation over recent years for dirty play. The chop blocking and nasty skills on the offensive line have been complaints from many teams who line up against them.

Now we have the Kenoy Kennedy situation where not only is a player taking cheap shots, the team and fans are condoning it. I have watched the play now several times over. Kennedy clearly "launches" himself, headfirst. Dirty and illeagal.

The subsequent action be Mike Shanahan and the Denver faithful is almost as disgusting as the infraction. Are we at the point in Denver that winning is more imprtant than anything? More important than the life of an opposing player?

So in this current day of football, I believe the NFL has found it's "new Radiers" The days of Jack Tatum have been replaced with Kenoy Kennedy. The Bronco fans may start showing up in their halloween like make up next calling for the blood of another opponent. Even so it equals to a sad day for the NFL when one of it's class organizations now becomes WWF material.

At least we now know why LB Bill Romanowski left for Oakland. He wanted an organization with more honor.

If you wore a Miami Dolphins jersey to a Broncos game, do you think the fans there would beat you up and piss on you?

As far as the Oline blocking goes, the rule was changed last season to crimp down on certain types of cut-blocking and as a result a few (not all) Broncos Olinemen were fined. They adjusted their play and as a result, there have been no such fines this season. Their play is clean.

As far as the Kennedy hit goes, even Wanny is now saying there would have been no helmet-to-helmet contact had Denard Walker not hit Chambers from behind and inadvertently lowered his head...

Fact: Through the first few games this season, the Broncos were among the least penalized teams in the league. There is no way you can compare them to the Faiders of year's past. Did you even see some of those teams play? Only one nasty hit per game would've been an embarrassment for those guys...

Move on already....

not really something that can be so generalized as the Tatum/Atkinson Raiders. Of course, those old guys were allowed to do just anything they wanted.

I've watched that play over and over, chambers had no way of knowing Kennedy was there and did not lower his head to avoid him..It was a terrible tackle ..Kennedy could have went low and hook Chambers legs from beneath him..instead he went for the big hit and could have paralize Chris..The players know the rules, Kennedy defintely knows them..he's had 2 fines already for this..most would know to get their head out of the way by now...but know he wanted the Oooos and ahhhsss from the crowd and team mates...Fortunely Chris survived, but at what price..the verdict is still out, so know this situation is not over to "Move on already" with...until Chris is completely recovered and fully functional...this is still a source of pain for us..and bronco fans who don't understand that can move on themselves..If you don't feel us on this one, then don't participate on this board..this is a phin fans board and we will cry, laugh, shout and moan on what happens to our team..if you don't understand that, you're not a fan of the game...

I dunno why they don't think its a big deal. They lost McCaffery last season, and everyone was crying like little babies. You'd think they'd understand......

I love the Ricky thing!

All you panzies are mad because he is dominating the league this year and all you can do is get on him personally. I don't care if he is Tiny Tim as long as he totes that rock like he does. The Bills would take him in a heartbeat. They have...lets see...oh yes, Travis Henry!! Doesn't that strike fear into the heart of a defense!
BWahahahhhhahahaha!

As far as the Kennedy hit goes, even Wanny is now saying there would have been no helmet-to-helmet contact had Denard Walker not hit Chambers from behind and inadvertently lowered his head...

It doesn't matter whether he got hit by Kennedy in the helmet or not. Chamber's helmet just happened to be the point of impact of an ILLEGAL HIT.

Kennedy led with the crown of his helmet and left his feet. Its not where the hit landed its the hit itself. Stop trying to make excuses for a dirty player.

:monkey: Kennedy

Originally posted by 13isgr81

It doesn't matter whether he got hit by Kennedy in the helmet or not. Chamber's helmet just happened to be the point of impact of an ILLEGAL HIT.

Kennedy led with the crown of his helmet and left his feet. Its not where the hit landed its the hit itself. Stop trying to make excuses for a dirty player.

:monkey: Kennedy

That's exactly what I was going to say......and I was going to add, would it have been better if he had taken that shot directly to his sternum? You don't think a hit like that could stop somebodies heart?

Man, I am losing all respect for these Broncos fan who refuse to accept the reality of the situation and keep stupidly defending an obviously illegal hit by a three time loser.

Originally posted by chambers84
It's OK, paybacks a b*tch. We won the game!!
It might get worse for Kennedy. Don't be surprised if he's targeted for cheap shots by other teams.

Back
Top Bottom