Are the Dolphins and Jim Harbaugh showing a lack of class? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are the Dolphins and Jim Harbaugh showing a lack of class?

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
The fact that the Miami Dolphins want Stanford's Jim Harbaugh to be their next coach doesn't seem to be any kind of secret.

The problem is that the Dolphins already have a coach in Tony Sparano. So when it is reported that owner Steve Ross and general manager Bill Ireland flew to California to offer Harbaugh millions of dollars it may make them appear a bit crass.

And Harbaugh, who has also drawn the interest of the 49ers, has to know that he is negotiating to put another man out of work.

Of course it can also be said that Harbaugh needs to worry about his own future and can't be concerned about how the Dolphins are treating one of their own employees.

How do the actions of the Dolphins and Harbaugh sit with you?

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...ns-and-jim-harbaugh-showing-a-lack-of-class/1

Anyone who underperforms at their job is replaced. Generally the replacement is already lined up before the underperformer is fired. So what's the big deal?

Ive no problem with what Ross is doing. Sparano shouldnt be felt sorry for either, he had 3 years to make us a play-off caliber team, and we arent. Plus, he will get a big pay off when he is fired.

When class starts winning football games, then we can worry about it.

My opinion is we dont know what went on behind close doors. With that being said if he was not upfront with Sparano (no matter how bad he was) that is just wrong.

Thanks

Most people have another job lined up before they quit their current job. The owner should have another head coach lined up before he pulls the plug on the current one.

Exactly what I was just saying to my wife. Plus, Ross has plausible deniability. He can easily say, "the media speculated about this, I was trying to get him to Coach Michigan."

Even if we give Ross the benefit of the doubt and Sparano is in the loop and okay with all this, it's giving the appearance of total disrespect which makes the franchise look awful.

Most people have another job lined up before they quit their current job. The owner should have another head coach lined up before he pulls the plug on the current one.

And that happens in the public eye to right???

Rarely ever do coach's get left out to dry while their team searches for a replacement, they almost always fire their head coach first.

I think that the 'idea' of class on the part of players and front office personnel in professional sports has been vacant for a very, very long time.

Back
Top Bottom