Are The Dolphins and Tua Further Apart Than People Think? | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are The Dolphins and Tua Further Apart Than People Think?

Chris Simms seems to keep doubling down on stupid. His Tua Schtick is getting quite annoying. He does make one interesting point about Grier protecting his investment in Tua. Author of article makes the point I was trying to make, which I bolded. Do not bid against yourself, do not pay more than any other team would pay for him:

"His overarching point was that the Dolphins will end up overpaying Tagovailoa as the two sides work to strike up a long-term deal because Grier is doubling down on the selection.

I do agree with one point, in that the Dolphins shouldn’t feel a need to meet some outrageous number that no other team in the NFL would pay for Tagovailoa, essentially having the organization bid against itself.

Pay Tua what he’s truly worth, and that doesn’t mean he should become the league’s new highest-paid quarterback, which will make it more difficult to put the necessary pieces around him.

Beyond that, we all know Simms’ position on Tua, and he’s committed to bashing him every chance he gets. So we should know by now how to take his criticisms of him as a quarterback."

Chris Simms seems to keep doubling down on stupid. His Tua Schtick is getting quite annoying. He does make one interesting point about Grier protecting his investment in Tua. Author of article makes the point I was trying to make, which I bolded. Do not bid against yourself, do not pay more than any other team would pay for him:

"His overarching point was that the Dolphins will end up overpaying Tagovailoa as the two sides work to strike up a long-term deal because Grier is doubling down on the selection.

I do agree with one point, in that the Dolphins shouldn’t feel a need to meet some outrageous number that no other team in the NFL would pay for Tagovailoa, essentially having the organization bid against itself.

Pay Tua what he’s truly worth, and that doesn’t mean he should become the league’s new highest-paid quarterback, which will make it more difficult to put the necessary pieces around him.

Beyond that, we all know Simms’ position on Tua, and he’s committed to bashing him every chance he gets. So we should know by now how to take his criticisms of him as a quarterback."

I guess you got one of them Google Alerts thingy set on Tua right?

Can you explain how to set one up and I will Google Alert you so I can reply to your Tua Google Alerts thingies?

Or as @Fred Bear would say 👀

Last edited:
As a Dolphins fan I hope Tua and brass reach a mutually beneficial agreement one where Tua can make a great living and the Dolphins are left with enough cash to hire the other talent to bring championships back to Miami.

toxic-britney-spears.gif

Tua will get 5yrs 255 Million.

Right now Tuas probably asking for more than Hurts which is 5yrs 255 million so he wants prob 270,

Dolphins are probably wanting to pay him Murray/Watson money which is 5yrs 230 million.

They meet in the middle.... 5 yrs, 255 million and 1 dollar. To top Hurts.

Tua will get 5yrs 255 Million.

Right now Tuas probably asking for more than Hurts which is 5yrs 255 million so he wants prob 270,

Dolphins are probably wanting to pay him Murray/Watson money which is 5yrs 230 million.

They meet in the middle.... 5 yrs, 255 million and 1 dollar. To top Hurts.
thanks. do you advocate giving him that number because:
-you believe if the dolphins don't give it to him, he could find that deal from another team if he became a free agent? if so, which teams do you think would do it?
-you believe he should be paid more by us than any other team would offer. if so, why do you believe we should pay him more than what he would find on the open market?

-you believe if the dolphins don't give it to him, he could find that deal from another team if he became a free agent? if so, which teams do you think would do it?
-you believe he should be paid more by us than any other team would offer. if so, why do you believe we should pay him more than what he would find on the open market?
I notice you avoided what might be the most logical choice.

Perhaps they give him that contract on the basis he think he deserves it.

It's omissions like that that lead ppl to believe you have an anti Tua, biased agenda.

Again, you aren't fooling anyone but possibly yourself. I will admit, you are very adept at choosing words carefully, as to later purport plausible deniability, though.

I notice you avoided what might be the most logical choice.

Perhaps they give him that contract on the basis he think he deserves it.

It's omissions like that that lead ppl to believe you have an anti Tua, biased agenda.

Again, you aren't fooling anyone but possibly yourself. I will admit, you are very adept at choosing words carefully, as to later purport plausible deniability, though.
you are doing it again with these judgemental and condescending posts.

first of all i didn't ask you, but you had to respond first, in the fashion that you chose to, and lecture me. it was a very simple and straightforward and dispassionately asked question too. and none of it was personalized, like you continually choose to do with your responses, which almost always offer your judgement about me, with some sort of odd conspiracy theories.

my question had nothing to do with either being pro or anti tua. not to mention, if i was anti tua, who cares? the opposite of anti tua is pro tua. is one only allowed to be pro tua? pro tua is ok, but anti tua isn't?

then most importantly, "deserve" in an emotional sense does not enter my lexicon, with any player, including tua. there is no "deserve" in my mind. a player should be paid the minimal amount it takes to keep them on the team. that is what they "deserve." this is a business, not a charity. if you want to pay a player $55mm a year that only needs $45mm a year to stay, that is your perogative. you would also be a failed GM doing that.

you are doing it again with these judgemental and condescending posts.

first of all i didn't ask you, but you had to respond first, in the fashion that you chose to, and lecture me. it was a very simple and straightforward and dispassionately asked question too. and none of it was personalized, like you continually choose to do with your responses, which almost always offer your judgement about me, with some sort of odd conspiracy theories.

my question had nothing to do with either being pro or anti tua. not to mention, if i was anti tua, who cares? the opposite of anti tua is pro tua. is one only allowed to be pro tua? pro tua is ok, but anti tua isn't?

then most importantly, "deserve" in an emotional sense does not enter my lexicon, with any player, including tua. there is no "deserve" in my mind. a player should be paid the minimal amount it takes to keep them on the team. that is what they "deserve." this is a business, not a charity. if you want to pay a player $55mm a year that only needs $45mm a year to stay, that is your perogative. you would also be a failed GM doing that.
Then why didn't you include the other alternative?

As to "not asking me", it's a discussion forum. You do get the concept, right?

Also, you are offering no actual evidence, beyond opinion and conjecture, of either what the number is we are offering, or what would be his value in the open market.

Also, you have been harping on the same line for weeks now. You have had many, many replies and responses. I'm sorry if you haven't gotten the ones you want, or agree with.

TBH, I couldn't care less your opinion of Tua. I just find the denial hilarious. Perhaps I'm being a bit of an ass for continuing to point out the obvious, but you also refuse to just let it go and move in from the tired rhetoric.

FOOLING NO ONE....

Then why didn't you include the other alternative?

As to "not asking me", it's a discussion forum. You do get the concept, right?

Also, you are offering no actual evidence, beyond opinion and conjecture, of either what the number is we are offering, or what would be his value in the open market.

Also, you have been harping on the same line for weeks now. You have had many, many replies and responses. I'm sorry if you haven't gotten the ones you want, or agree with.

TBH, I couldn't care less your opinion of Tua. I just find the denial hilarious. Perhaps I'm being a bit of an ass for continuing to point out the obvious, but you also refuse to just let it go and move in from the tired rhetoric.

FOOLING NO ONE....
"FOOLING NO ONE...." Oh lord. This is beyond belief. I guess fooling no one is better than fooling myself. You are literally having a hissy fit over a made up notion of me not including something in a question that you think is an important or real notion, that i think is utterly absurd in regard to any player. you simply cannot accept i didnt include the notion of "Deserve" because i find it absurd and that thought never even crossed my mind about Tua, or anyone else

"FOOLING NO ONE...." Oh lord. This is beyond belief. I guess fooling no one is better than fooling myself. You are literally having a hissy fit over a made up notion of me not including something in a question that you think is an important or real notion, that i think is utterly absurd in regard to any player. you simply cannot accept i didnt include the notion of "Deserve" because i find it absurd and that thought never even crossed my mind about Tua, or anyone else
You find the notion "absurd"?

Hmmmm.........

Is Loco on holiday or did he ignore me too 😭

I got caught in the cross fire. He be trying to put Mach on ignore and that don't work.. I tried many times 😂

Last edited:
Could he get 5 yrs 255 mil else where? Yes, he could probably get 5 yrs 300 Mill from a desperate team like the Vikings or Raiders.

On the open market, coming off leading the league in passing, getting 5 yrs 255m is barley sneaking into the top 5 highest paid QBs. That's his market value, IMO, more than that and we're overpaying.

If you think that there isn't a team out there willing to pay Tua 5 yrs/255 million.

Your wrong and you should know your wrong. If Kyler Murray is getting 5ys 255m, from Tuas agents perspective, that's the starting point for negotiations.

If you think that there isn't a team out there willing to pay Tua 5 yrs/255 million.

Your wrong and you should know your wrong. If Kyler Murray is getting 5ys 255m, from Tuas agents perspective, that's the starting point for negotiations.
thanks. this one hasn't worked out too well so far. i suspect if kyler murray were a free agent now, he would not come close to fetching this deal, and i also suspect arizona wishes they hadn't done it: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/arizona-cardinals/kyler-murray-29036/

Back
Top Bottom