Are the Dolphins coaches dropping the ball? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are the Dolphins coaches dropping the ball?

Could Sparano be afraid to fire Henning?It was Parcells who hired Henning.

Seriously what has Henning done since being here?The guy calls some of the dumbest plays and makes the strangest call such as Ricky passing.Even Ditka said Ricky can't throw the ball.

And it was not Henning that implemented the Wildcat it was Lee.

The Dolphins need a new coordinators on both sides of the ball.

Does Sparano have the balls to fire his bosses buddy Henning?If he doesn't I can see Tony being gone after next year.

You act like we have so much talent on O and he is failing to use it.
I agree his timing seems off a lot of the time.
But he is making a bunch of guys who lack a lot of talent on O put up some good numbers

To answer your thread question, the answer is yes.

While Sparano has done a fantastic job in changing the culture, his mismanagement on gameday and inability to define an identity for this team on offense has been his demise. We play smashmouth, then get cute, then pound, then run a reverse, then a gadget play. It's stupid really. I also think his high school theatrics on the sidelines (going ape$hit when the opposing kicker misses a FG, signalling first down while screaming, etc) are lame at best.

Tony sparano was the right guy to change the culture, he has succeeded where many thought he would fail.

you can question his methods, his gameday behavior, etc. but the guy has brought a team together and made one fine job last year winning 11 games... (i know i know, his time management is probably the worst throughout the league... )

for a guy in his first NFL head coaching job, i applaud him for everything he did and i am thankful

this being said, If we are going to make that leap from a good team to a championship team, we need to make that leap at every level: Players, coaches, waterboys, etc.

Is sparano a keeper ? From what he's shown, he can be succesful... but HOW succesful remains to be seen (for starters, he needs to read the book "How to use timeouts for dummies" ) ... jury is still out IMO and it will take more than 2009 to get him fired ... we'll see after 2010

Where was all the whining about Sparano last year. It's a shame to see all the front runners on this board.

I dont think Henning is the one that needs to be fired. Yes, it was a boneheaded play call having Ricky throw in the end zone (hey, its worked with Ronnie several times), but we can't judge him on one call in one game. The truth is, despite us having absolutely no passing threat, the Dolphins-O has been putting up plenty of points on the board. The main reason we have been losing games is our defense collapsing in the second half of every game like clock work. I think the coordinator that needs to go file for unemployment is Pasqualoni. Teams are adjusting to our defense every single game, and we're not adjusting back. That seems like bad coaching to me.

Bill Belichick didn't do a dam thing until the emergence of Tom Brady and in fact he had a losing winning percentage in 6 years prior to Brady.

I think the coaching staff is doing what they have to do to win games with what they have. Is what they are doing the long term solution “no” but it is what needs to be done with what Miami has.

Sometimes to win the war you have to lose a few battles.

i find it interesting how many are calling for Henning's head and yet a quick review of the threads shows a lot of support for the Wildcat... and why not?

we celebrate and dismantle... celebrate and dismantle... How can we applaud innovation and then criticize it? bad call or not... 'You live by the sword you die by the sword'.

Makes sense, but the law of averages needs to apply. When your averaging almost 6 yards a carry and you are first and goal from the 3, and have Jake Long on the left, you smash the ball in.

I agree. If you run left 3 times and they stop you all 3 times then you maybe run the HB pass. Until that happens though, run it right at them.

Henning

There's a lot of things that I know when you go home to dinner at night, you don't have to worry about. I have to worry about it. I can only tell you that''s our job to get it in there. When we played New England last time, I can tell you we were down there and ran two straight plays. Runs. And we got stuffed. And then there was a guy named Ronnie Brown, he slipped out of there and threw a toucdown pass. You know what I heard about that one? That was innovative.

"And believe me, Ronnie doesn't throw the ball any better than Ricky does in that area of the field."

:vaark:

We are not talking about firing OC, we are talking about changing the call at the spot.
TS either a) think is a good call
b) caught up in the moment
or c) as you said, afraid to.

either way, Sparano is to blame.
While the HC can do that, he often will not because the HC isn't there to call plays. He oversees and manages the game. The only time that I can see Tony putting his input in the play choice would be by pointing out a trend he sees between plays for later use or during timeouts or halftime.

i find it interesting how many are calling for Henning's head and yet a quick review of the threads shows a lot of support for the Wildcat... and why not?

we celebrate and dismantle... celebrate and dismantle... How can we applaud innovation and then criticize it? bad call or not... 'You live by the sword you die by the sword'.

I love the Wildcat, but only when it's used in the right scenarios......short yardage, goalline, 1st down not 2nd and long. It's using the Wildcat when it makes no sense that is frustrating. Henning doesn't grasp the concept of when to use plays and when not to. He constantly throws a dart at his playsheet and closes his eyes hoping it will work.

Could Sparano be afraid to fire Henning?It was Parcells who hired Henning.

Seriously what has Henning done since being here?The guy calls some of the dumbest plays and makes the strangest call such as Ricky passing.Even Ditka said Ricky can't throw the ball.

And it was not Henning that implemented the Wildcat it was Lee.

The Dolphins need a new coordinators on both sides of the ball.

Does Sparano have the balls to fire his bosses buddy Henning?If he doesn't I can see Tony being gone after next year.
I don't believe Tony has the authority to fire Henning. I would think that Ireland would have the authority but only after the O.K. by the big tuna... in this situation, it would literally be Big Tuna.

For the posters who dislike Sparano being emotional on the sideline... Why? It's not hurting anything. If anything, it's getting the players fired up. If I was a player and my coach was emotionless on the sideline, I'd get the emotion sucked out of me. Football is a game you have to be passionate about. Yes, you can argue some of the best coaches never react on the sideline or get fired up but still...

Sparano is fine. If you look at the ****ty teams across the NFL, many of them have more talent than we do, but yet we still manage to play well. We're 2 years removed from being 1-15. We were basically an expansion team. Sparano and co. has the job of cleaning up a decades mess made by poor coaching and managment. So he's made a couple of mistakes... who doesn't?

IMO, we should reserve judgement on him until either after the 2010 season or midway through the 2011 season. These types of jobs take time and experiance. If we had a bad season last year, most people wouldn't be up his *** about how much we've regressed. We havn't regressed folks, we have gotten a lot better, and we will continue to see improvement.

1 dol fan! you're back!
As plain as day... and as pure as the driven snow.

By the way, what does that phrase even mean? Most snow that I've seen that has been driven on for several days looks all dirty and slushy and brown.

Back
Top Bottom