Are the jets eliminated from our playoff picture? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are the jets eliminated from our playoff picture?

Daytona Fin

Queeks Draw
Club Member
Reaction score
I ask that question, as I see carolina is up by three scores with six minutes to play. Are we down to a three way race between us , sd, and balt?

Not necessarily. We lose next two, they win next 2, they'd get in over us thanks to a better division record, as head to head would be tied at 1. Am I seeing this correctly? Regardless, in the immortal words of Al Davis, all we have to do is "Just win, baby"!!!

If they lose today, they can finish 8-8 at best. They are 2-3 in the division, Miami is 2-2. They lost to Baltimore earlier in the year so they'd need the Ravens to lose their last 3 to have a chance. The Jets would also have to beat Cleveland and then Miami in Week 17 to have any chance.

Mathematically they are still alive for the playoffs, but they would need a miracle. They would need to win out, and have Miami, Baltimore and maybe even San Diego lose out. Not happening for the Jets.

Though the Titans are about to be officially eliminated. Surprisingly the Steelers are technically still alive even though Miami holds the two way tie-breaker. But a loss by the Steelers tonight eliminates them.

They are barely in but the Jets would have to win their next two while Miami and Baltimore would both have to lose out and the Chargers would have to lose at least one.

One poor lone Jests fan walked through the parking lot today. As she walked literally a hundred people, patsies and Fins fans, went " J-E-T-S SUCK SUCK SUCK"

Even my wife said "Why the hell did she wear that"

As long as Miami wins next week and Baltimore loses, the Dolphins are the 6th seed regardless of what happens week 17.

Geno Smith eliminated them by being drafted

giphy-1.gif

mathermatically no, but they need a ton of help. Just about everytime to tank at the end for them to get in instead of fins or ravens. If fins don't get in, itll most likely be ravens or chargers who do, though I think and hope fins now will get it as fins are in good position now. Don't forget, I can see the chargers going 9-7 and winning last two, and it that happens, they would get in and knock jets out.

I just played around with it, the jets need a ton of help. The ravens even if falling to 8-8 and fins to 8-8 or chargers to 8-8, the Ravens would get in and not the jets. So luckily, highly unlikely for the Jets

Back
Top Bottom