Are the Jets out with a Pats AND/OR Ravens loss? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are the Jets out with a Pats AND/OR Ravens loss?

xMChemicalRx

Will allen's amazing INT
Reaction score
I'm confused. Does the raven game have any effect on the jets game what so ever? I know that if pats win then the jets are out, but what about the ravens?

The Jets cannot make the playoffs as a wildcard, so no...the Ravens game has no effect on them.

Um yes we can. Even if the Pats beat buffalo, if we beat the fins and the Ravens lose to Jacksonville then the Jets get the #6 seed.

Um yes we can. Even if the Pats beat buffalo, if we beat the fins and the Ravens lose to Jacksonville then the Jets get the #6 seed.

Okay thanks. So either way the Jets will be playing hard cuz the ravens game is in progress while the jets are playing.

The Jets cannot make the playoffs as a wildcard, so no...the Ravens game has no effect on them.

Are you absolutely SURE about that? What I understand is that IF the Jets were to win (God forbid) and the Pats were to win, the Pats would win the division based on overall record. HOWEVER, if the Ravens lose, the Jets would have the same record as the Ravens, there was no head-to-head, AND the Jets would have a better conference AND division record. In that scenario, I believe the stinkin' Jets win the wild card over the Ravens.

The Jets sound like they're already done for the season. I don't think the Jets fans are going to be all that fired up for this game. They're already talking about getting rid of Favre and Mangini.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/82392-will-favre-mangini-return-in-09?eref=fromSI

This game will be HUGE for us Dolphins fans though. People like the "2 Michelles" who live in New York City will be super fired up I'm sure. They'll be making a lot of noise in the stands. I'd love to hang out with them for this game. They're probably the best female Dolphin fans in America. :hi5:

http://www.miamidolphins.com/2michelles/

http://2michelles.accountsupport.com/

Are you absolutely SURE about that? What I understand is that IF the Jets were to win (God forbid) and the Pats were to win, the Pats would win the division based on overall record. HOWEVER, if the Ravens lose, the Jets would have the same record as the Ravens, there was no head-to-head, AND the Jets would have a better conference AND division record. In that scenario, I believe the stinkin' Jets win the wild card over the Ravens.

STILL TO BE DETERMINED - AFC East Champion and #3 Seed:
* Miami secures #3 seed with W at New York Jets.
* New England secures #3 seed with W at Buffalo and Miami loss to NYJ
* New York Jets secure #3 seed with W vs. Miami and New England L @ Buffalo
STILL TO BE DETERMINED - 2nd Wild Card and #6 Seed:
* Baltimore secures #6 seed with W vs. Jacksonville
* Baltimore secures #6 seed with Miami L @ New York and New England L @ Buffalo
* New England secures #6 seed with W @ Buffalo and Baltimore L vs. Jacksonville (assuming MIA wins @ NJY and wins division)
* New York Jets secure #6 seed with W vs. Miami and Baltimore L vs. Jacksonville (assuming NE wins @ Buffalo and wins division)

The only thing the Jets can do is knock the Dolphins out of the playoffs because I dont see the Ravens or Pats losing.

I'll never root for my team not to make the playoffs but I dont want a lucky playoff berth to cover up whats wrong with this team. I dont have a problem with the decision to bring in Brett Favre. It was a gamble and you can take them from time to time and it looked like it was working but this team has colllapsed and a lot of that falls on Brett. I hope he is out next season.

The Jets need to make a decision on that spot for next year. Whether its Clemens or Ratliff or somebody not on this roster now. I'm not sure about Cassel. He looks good but I dont know if its just the Patriots system and the fact that he has Welker and Moss to throw to or not. IDK I could just see him being a bust somewhere else. If they dont like Clemens or Ratliff then I would look to draft a QB.

Jets would be better off with a higher draft pick and a loss because the Ravens are going to pulverize the Jags. You'll see it on the screen they'll be ahead by several scores all game.

The only thing the Jets can do is knock the Dolphins out of the playoffs because I dont see the Ravens or Pats losing.

I'll never root for my team not to make the playoffs but I dont want a lucky playoff berth to cover up whats wrong with this team. I dont have a problem with the decision to bring in Brett Favre. It was a gamble and you can take them from time to time and it looked like it was working but this team has colllapsed and a lot of that falls on Brett. I hope he is out next season.

The Jets need to make a decision on that spot for next year. Whether its Clemens or Ratliff or somebody not on this roster now. I'm not sure about Cassel. He looks good but I dont know if its just the Patriots system and the fact that he has Welker and Moss to throw to or not. IDK I could just see him being a bust somewhere else. If they dont like Clemens or Ratliff then I would look to draft a QB.

Exactly even mike greenburg on espn, who is a huge Jets fan, said that the Jets do not deserve a play-off spot. "I'm sorry if you can beat a team who only has 3 wins at this time of the year then you don't deserve to be in the play-offs"

Not true. The Jets can make the playoffs in 2 scenarios:

1) Buffalo beats NE + Jets beat Dolphins = AFC East winners (#3 seed)

2) Jacksonville beats Baltimore + Jets beat Dolphins = Wild Card (#6 seed)

Back
Top Bottom