Are the Jets really good or is that just one bad game? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are the Jets really good or is that just one bad game?

CsonkaClone said:
No...They are not really good and no...it wasn't just 1 bad game.

Lol...we will see sunday...will you be able to handle it if the phins lose?

I mean if the jets are a terrible team and suck so bad ans have no Qb....then you should dominate us right?

Schleprock said:
yep, anyone who watched the game can see that Pennington had good numbers and threw some good balls. Coles dropped 2 TDs that were right in his hands, you can't expect that every game. Pennington was something like 21-34 for 216..or around that. Those aren't shabby numbers. He just couldn't hold the ball.

I agree, I think the Jets are a very good team, who just played terribly. They're also adjusting to a new offensive coordinator, but I don't think Pennington will fumble like 6 times or whatever he did. I think it'll be a good game, the Phins played great, the Jets played about as bad as a team can play, last week. I think it'll be close most division games are. I'm just gonna say the team who wins the turnover battle will win, in all the prediction threads for the rest of the season.

DallasDolfan said:
Fins win by 17.

Jets ARE overrated.
Remember the Northest media loves them, thats why they get all the press.

You'll sell more papers and ad time to those whiny Jet fans, when you proclaim them the next SB champion.

It ain't happening!!!

By 17, on the road? Are you mad? Have fun on that island you live on ...... I mean if in the end we do blow them out I will gladly come back here and give you a pat on the back, but c'mon ..........you can't possibly come to a realistic conclusion of a 17 point blowout on the road for the Phins after just one week of play. Remember man, this game isn't going to be played in the sweltering Miami heat. We'll be facing a team embarrassed from getting rocked last weekend. It's the same Jets team that played last year add Ty Law. It all depends on Pennington. Personally, I think he's their weakness. He's throwing lame ducks.......no velocity whatsoever. Saban will terrorize him, but not by 17 pts.

We'll the Jets aren't that bad. But at the same time there not the 12-4, 11-5 AFC title contenders everyone thought. I'm thinking most likely a possible wild card with 7-10 wins for them.

The Jets are not as bad as they showed last week, but not as good as they think either. The 200 yards rushing from Priest Holmes and Larry Johnson? That was not an anomoly. That will happen to them again. Their run defense of a year ago has been destroyed, IMO, with the loss of Jason Ferguson. Think what the Dolphins' situation would be if we lost Keith Traylor, or what the Dolphins' situation was last year when we lost Larry Chester and Tim Bowens. James Reed was letting offensive linemen past him into the linebacker units all day. Why do you think Vilma was so mad? Actually, I expect him to get benched, and soon.

As a front seven, when Shaun Ellis is your best run defender, you've got a problem. Dwayne Robertson's failure to achieve his potential yet is also hurting them.

I'd love to give them a beatdown like they did to us last season in NY.

ckparrothead said:
As a front seven, when Shaun Ellis is your best run defender, you've got a problem. Dwayne Robertson's failure to achieve his potential yet is also hurting them.

robertson had a pretty good year last year. he is playing with a cast on his hand right now, which is a hinderance for a defensive tackle.

Smizzy said:
Lol...we will see sunday...will you be able to handle it if the phins lose?

I mean if the jets are a terrible team and suck so bad ans have no Qb....then you should dominate us right?

:D...Well smizzy...If I were over in your forum I would be more conservative...If we lose we're 1-1...Not the end of the world...but it is a division game so it would suck!

I don't remember Robertson having a particularly great year last year. He was supposed to look great by now though, not just good but great. They allowed Ferguson to depart without replacing him because they expect Robertson to be dominant. He's not, and the linebackers are going to get chewed up as a result.

I'm not worried about how our defense will play against Pennington & Co. We have the blitz packages, coverage audibles and overall defensive talent to outstrengthen that unit.

My biggest worry is the defense of the Jets, moreso the defensive line. There's been a lot of talk about how they're not where they were with Jason Ferguson, how Dewayne Roberston isn't agile enough to play a dominant nose-tackle like role, but I still consider the tandem of Abraham and Ellis the best in the business in rushing the QB, regardless of Abraham's recent hold out.

Ellis is BIG and STRONG na dwill give VC something to earn his pay check for. Last season we were just straight up unprepared for those guys and they killed us. Abraham was having afield day with Feeley.

finswin56 said:
I Jets are very good. They scare the crap out of me this weekend, especially coming off the beating they took.

Our offense didn't click until Denver's D was out of it from the heat and ToP.
That won't happen this week unless we run the crap out of the ball.

Do not overlook NY b/c of that KC game, it was a fluke.
True story.

Back
Top Bottom