Are The Patriots Going To Kill Our Playoff Dreams This Season? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are The Patriots Going To Kill Our Playoff Dreams This Season?

postermaster

Finsavior
Reaction score
The Patrios who have been strong a while now, each season, they get the Division tittle, they have been more than good at any position, except WR, now they have added Randy Moss, Donte' Stallworth and Wes Welker, even without the best WR's they have been one of the most solid teams in the NFL, now I don't know what to think, seems like my dreams are falling down before the season starts :boohoo:, eventhough, the best luck for my PHINS.

The Pats have to be the pre-season favorites for the Superbowl. They were a couple quarters from the super bowl last year and have improved significantly at there weak positions. Unless Brady gets hurt, I don't see much competition for them within the division. We are at least a couple years away assuming that this draft helps us dramatically. Beck will be our key to the future....good or bad.

I'm not going to lie.....the Pats do have a talented WR roster and it can be intimidating, but you can't let that get to you. Having that type of mentality even before the season starts is just going to set up the team for failure.

You can't have things like that bring down your morale. I say wait until the season gets on its way before we come to any conclusions.

Remember what a lot of the commentators/analysts were saying in the beginning about us making a strong push for the Super Bowl last season? Well, you see how that turned out.

One would hope that they'd be paper champions but you gotta admit they are scary. Not only did they drastically improve their WR corps, they upgraded on D. I want us to do well against them, but those are odds Vegas won't even touch.

I'm not going to lie.....the Pats do have a talented WR roster and it can be intimidating, but you can't let that get to you. Having that type of mentality even before the season starts is just going to set up the team for failure.

You can't have things like that bring down your morale. I say wait until the season gets on its way before we come to any conclusions.

Remember what a lot of the commentators/analysts were saying in the beginning about us making a strong push for the Super Bowl last season? Well, you see how that turned out.

Yes, you are right, but I feel like its a combination of our weakest point (the secondary) against 3 scary WR's + their defense getting significal upgrade with Adalius Thomas and some other additions...

If we dont have 2 PLAYMAKERS at CB's and 2 SOLID safties when we play against them, they are going to burn us out...

I've always said: "Respect, not fear", now I say I'm a 100% scared I fear til my bones..., hope they don't get too good as they are now "on paper", as it happened to us last year when we were good at paper, but then many of our players struggled while others injured themselves and some others were kicked outta the league...

Yes, you are right, but I feel like its a combination of our weakest point (the secondary) against 3 scary WR's + their defense getting significal upgrade with Adalius Thomas and some other additions...

If we dont have 2 PLAYMAKERS at CB's and 2 SOLID safties when we play against them, they are going to burn us out...

I've always said: "Respect, not fear", now I say I'm a 100% scared I fear til my bones..., hope they don't get too good as they are now "on paper", as it happened to us last year when we were good at paper, but then many of our players struggled while others injured themselves and some others were kicked outta the league...

Well the Patriots finally have that look of a dynasty team people have talked about (they weren't all that good their first superbowl - in fact a poor pass interference call on Jamar Fletcher was the difference between them missing the playoffs and us making them), But this should give us hope lol. That being said I think the AFC this year is the strongest it's ever been. I don't think the Bears or Saints make the playoffs in the AFC. The top 7 or so teams in football are in the AFC. The Dolphins have a really good shot at the playoffs though and who knows from there. But the Patriots, Colts, Chargers all look stronger than ever. Denver should be a very good team and The Ravens should win their division. Cincy and Pittsburgh will be Very good and the Chiefs, and Jags would make the playoffs in the NFC lol - no shot here though. We make the playoffs (and we are at least a top 10 team in the NFL now) and anything can happen!

"We shall see?" :sidelol: The Pats were lightyears ahead of the dolphins BEFORE they made any moves this offseason! You guys took MULTIPLE steps backwards.

What are you a pats fan? Well doesn't matter you dont know **** about football obviously!!....LMAO where EXACTLY did we go backwards? There isn't a position on the field we aren't better this year than last. HMMM

What are you a pats fan? Well doesn't matter you dont know **** about football obviously!!....LMAO where EXACTLY did we go backwards? There isn't a position on the field we aren't better this year than last. HMMM

Look, you guys have a new coach with a new system AND a huge question at Q.B.! Any talk of playoffs is nonsense at this point. And no, I'm NOT a patsie fan.

He is just another pissed off fan that we got Ginn instead of Quinn thats why he says we got backwards, but you know how do this people work, they just talk trash, just ignore them... :wink:

:sidelol: "Dolphins Suck" :sidelol:

John Beck will be a great QB...

I'm not trying to be a troll or a wise guy or anything, but I think the Fins first priority should be to get back above 500 before they think about trying to make the playoffs in such a tough conference.

Look, you guys have a new coach with a new system AND a huge question at Q.B.! Any talk of playoffs is nonsense at this point. And no, I'm NOT a patsie fan.

a Browns fan maybe?

We are not going to make the playoffs this year, and I'm usually a positive guy.

No, the Dolphins aren't going to make the playoffs because they're simply not good enough.

Back
Top Bottom