• Yes

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • No

Votes: 11 52.4%

• Total voters

jjdche

Practice Squad
Reaction score
There's more talk on this board of the Pats being lucky than anywhere. I want to know, do you guys really think deep down that the Patriots are winning games on 'luck'? I'd love to get people's honest opinion.

I think they're a lucky team. But I also believe that you make your own luck. Personally, I don't subscribe to all the "Pats aren't any good, all luck" crap. And nothing about yesterday's game had anything to do with luck. They're just a solid group of well-coached guys.

But the thing that really bugs me is the constant disrespect of Tom Brady. How many times does he have to do it?? Simply put, he's one of the best QBs in the league. And he DOES have a strong arm.

They're a good team; they play hard, cohesively and keep the games close; they can hang with anyone, they're a strong team in that respect. It's just that when they keep it close, the breaks seem to always fall their way. Sometimes it's a weird penalty call, sometimes the other team does something stupid, sometimes their opponent flat out has some amazingly bad luck (i.e., Mare's FG attempt in overtime from the 17), but it breaks their way. So, it's not that everyone thinks the Pats are a crap team that is outrageously lucky; it's recognized that they're a good team. It's just that when two good teams play each other, the Pats come out on top through seemingly fortunate turns of events.

Don't worry about it. You guys are unbeatable this year. Enjoy your season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by jjdche
There's more talk on this board of the Pats being lucky than anywhere.

Uhm.. I think you ought to check out theganggreen and stadium wall. It's not a notion that is peculiar to Dolphin fans by a long shot.

Re: Re: Are the Pats really lucky?

Originally posted by Agua

Uhm.. I think you ought to check out theganggreen and stadium wall. It's not a notion that is peculiar to Dolphin fans by a long shot.

I don't read all the boards, I just noticed it here more than the others that I read.

Originally posted by jjdche
There's more talk on this board of the Pats being lucky than anywhere. I want to know, do you guys really think deep down that the Patriots are winning games on 'luck'? I'd love to get people's honest opinion.
i think they have been very lucky, against the titans, bennett made some of the most outstanding catches i've ever seen. then when the game is on the line, he has one right in his hands and he drops it!:rolleyes:

They're not all luck.....they just happen to be a very oppurtunistic football team. They capitalize on turnovers, make clutch drives at the end of games and most importantly WIN IN DECEMBER!!!! I realize this is painful to say, but it's true, the Pats are a damn good ball club.....and I FRIGGIN' HATE THEM WITH A PASSION!!!!

Miami all the way in 2004!!!!

The pats are a lucky team, things seem to bounce their way, and coaches seem to go stupid when they play them.

The play calling in the first colts vs pats game when the colts were on the goal line.

They got the lucky break of elam going down in the first quarter causing them to leave many points on the field as far as fgs go, b/c they ahd to punt rather then kick a fg.

Mare misses not one.... but 2, should be easy fgs.

The mysterious holding call against the texans in overtime on the int (this can go both ways I suppose)

But Muck is right.... they do create their own luck, they are a good team. But it's just one of those years that when there is a fumble, there can be 3 ppl from the other team and on patriot... and the ball will bounce to the patriot. Just one of those years. But none the less they are a good team.

Brady is a top qb in the league, not based on his physical ability totally, but becuase he is a great game manager, he doesn't make mistakes, but in part that is because the pats dont ask a lot of him. They only ask him for the quick passes and he hits his wr in the chest.

I'm not sold on brady's arm. Yes he connected deep to brown against us, but the games I watch of him, he is terrible inacurate on anything over 20 yards.

Originally posted by Williams34Phins
The pats are a lucky team, things seem to bounce their way, and coaches seem to go stupid when they play them.

maybe they spike the water at their stadium!:D

Back
Top Bottom